RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: 44 mag full snot cast 30-1 into ballistic gel

Boolit Master

44 mag full snot cast 30-1 into ballistic gel

Did a video this weekend with cast 30-1 in a NOE 429-421 with the big hollow point. Let's just say the results were impressive to say the least. It was an experiment basically to just see what would happen. Wasn't really concerned with accuracy as long as it hit the gel. Well it hit it alright!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X85L7F6X78
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I recently cast a batch of Lyman 429244HP out of a lead tin mix . The day of casting they measured seven BHN and after two weeks they are at eight point five BHN . Planning to use eight point five grains of Unique in the magnum case so it should stay together at least a little .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master
    Yeah I think these would be fantastic in a 44 special loads. It was pretty much an experiment to just see exactly what the devastation would be to the gel. At 1400 fps it just destroyed both the gel and the bullet.
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

I have a L:yman Dev mold that throws a 250gr deep/wide HP. Even at 1200fps, the bullet frags cast 20-1. Good for people but I wanted a hunting bullet so had a pin made for a cup point. Cast the same alloy, weighs in about 270gr & mushrooms nicely in wetpack & holds together. Take 2 deer with double lung shots & they dont go far.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Thanks for posting. The only thing I can see wrong is that the loading area is just too neat. What velocity did you get?
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.