Thread: WTB Tyler T grip #1 for J frame Smith

WTB Tyler T grip #1 for J frame Smith

Looking for a Tyler T grip adapter #1 for. S&W J Frame

Let me know what you have!

Thanks!!

Boolit Man
    Have you tried the manufacturer ?
    http://www.t-grips.com/
    They can be very slow getting the order to you. Outdated website.

B-K grips makes a plastic copy at a cheaper price. Ordered a couple a few years ago for my carry pieces. No problems, fit well and look good.
    https://bkgrips.com/

I have used the T grips for over 40 years. work great for me, especially on a carry gun. No sticky rubber grip that can slow up your draw, keeps the piece small for concelment.

the S&W forums are filled with a magnitude of horror storie with Tyler's taking a year for delivery - ihave seen used ones for sale on those forums for $80.00 to $100.00 in the past -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Try Robertsons Trading Post, they have cast alum. ones like the Tyler T. $26.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post

Hmm… I can only find L and K frame sizes from Robert sons unless I’m overlooking them, I am trying to avoid ordering new from Tyler t because of the horror stories I’ve read about waiting a year and never getting shipped. I saw the BK grips version and I may end up going that route, I’m guessing they are plastic?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
    I bought one of those for a Taurus 327 which is very close to a S&W j-frame. I needed to fit it to the Taurus a bit with a dremel but the finished product looked and functions well. It was $26.00 well spent.
    ​Je suis Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
    Hmm… I can only find L and K frame sizes from Robert sons unless I’m overlooking them, I am trying to avoid ordering new from Tyler t because of the horror stories I’ve read about waiting a year and never getting shipped. I saw the BK grips version and I may end up going that route, I’m guessing they are plastic?
    they are currently listed for the J frames at Robertsons - had to search different categories but they are there, but not in same section as the K+L frame ones - they are aluminum just like the Tyler ones -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

as they say in latin

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pertsev View Post
    Have you tried the manufacturer ?
    http://www.t-grips.com/
    They can be very slow getting the order to you. Outdated website.

B-K grips makes a plastic copy at a cheaper price. Ordered a couple a few years ago for my carry pieces. No problems, fit well and look good.
    https://bkgrips.com/

I have used the T grips for over 40 years. work great for me, especially on a carry gun. No sticky rubber grip that can slow up your draw, keeps the piece small for concelment.
    Thanks for the BK tip went there and ordered what I want....Thanks again Electrod47
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

I have old Tylers on two Smith 36's, BK on another and they are just fine replacements.

jmho - just a matter of my personal opinion i have not tried the BK ones, but i have used the Mershon + Pachmayer plastic ones + did not like them at all - all mine are now the metal ones -

as they say in latin