Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decent gunshow

Boolit Grand Master

Decent gunshow

We have our local gunshow this weekend. Lucked into some new 35 Remington brass, not much, but some, along with about 30 once fired 32-20 brass. Little bit of 357max brass too and some 30-30 brass.
    Most primers were still 90-100 dollars/K. One fellow I know said if he had LRM primers he could have sold 100K of them, but none to be had at the show.
    Best deal of the show was a box (less one round) of old Remington 30-30 ammo in a beat up dark green box (guessing 50's or so) for $4. Same guy had a box of odds and ends shotshells that another guy bought (missed it by about 20 seconds) and it looked like one 8ga. shell in it and about 5 or 6 Winchester brass shotshells.
    Not a bad show so far

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    You can buy brass 12 gauge right now for about a buck apiece.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    You can buy brass 12 gauge right now for about a buck apiece.
    Where ?
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    Where ?
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1657554245/

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Br.../products/202/

Sorry appears to be a price jump since I last's checked em out, They exist non the less.

Boolit Grand Master

We have one coming up in two weeks and based on past experiences there won't be much available.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

I love our local show. This is gun country, and there's tons of old codgers, old buddies, widder wimmin, --- I'm a hometown boy from here, and been bumping elbows with a lot of these folks for fifty years or more.

Thing about us old codgers is that we die, and somebody's got to sell our stuff. We won't need it in heaven, cause I think the Lord has tons of vintage Winchester lever guns and such that we'll be issued at the gate.

One of these days it'l be my stuff on a few of the tables, but until then I'll be happy to enjoy our local gun shows. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master
    Our local gun show is for me a combination family reunion / gun show. I get to see a lot of kinfolks that I ordinarily don't run into. Cousin always has at least a couple of tables and I put a few things out for sale. Best part is before the public is allowed in, and the trading among dealers is fierce.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gun show.jpg   gun show1.jpg  
    Last edited by JoeJames; 03-07-2023 at 11:16 AM.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Grand Master
    First time I haven't had a table in years. Felt weird being on the other side Caught flak for it from all the people I knew

Boolit Master

Haven’t been to one in years. Felt like prices might be reasonable enough to make it worth going to one this past weekend. But didn’t make it. Still kicking myself for not buying more powder and primers just a few years ago.

Was at a small one day show last Sunday. Gun prices were as expected but ammo prices were crazy. $30 for a box of 410 shells. Lots of used dies and equipment but no components except bullets.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    First time I haven't had a table in years. Felt weird being on the other side Caught flak for it from all the people I knew
    When you are behind the table, it certainly improves your psychological bargaining position.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master
    I had a good time yesterday at our small local show. Not many great deals but I did manage to find some things that I could use. I don’t bother going to the big shows anymore. Too many people and not enough good stuff to be found.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

I am missing one this weekend , always enjoy snooping around. Just once I wish I had plenty of cast to bargain over a nice Winchester lever action! Several years ago I came across an elderly Gent selling his stuff. Prices were very fair, so I replaced several entry level items. Best was a Lyman M5 (Ohaus) for $40. complete. He also had some open 4759 powder that came home with me. Never know what you might find? hc18flyer

Boolit Buddy

Freezing rain kept me from going to a show yesterday. I had never been to that show and was looking forward to it.

Boolit Master
    Our local show is going on this weekend. I was there Friday evening. One vendor had Winchester white box .45 auto for $25 per box. I bought one box. Kicking myself now for not buying more.

Boolit Master

Made it to a show yesterday. Better than I remember from years ago when it was mostly ARs. Decent mix of new and used guns of all types. Seemed like sellers were interested in offers. Picked up 4 lbs of Titegroup for $107 OTD. Not cheap, but not robbery. Haven’t used much of it but it should make anything handheld go bang without any trouble. See some folks use it for rifle subtonics as well. I passed on two older cans of 4759 for $30 each. Looked and smelled okay, but not sealed (did they even seal them then?). The one fellow with Alliant powders wanted $70 for a lb of Unique and $65 for a few others. Same guy wanted $150 a brick for primers. Saw a few others at $125 a brick.

Not show related but I noticed Keltec and S&W are offering rebates. Natchez has run some free hazmat and free shipping recently. First time I have seen that in years. Might not get back to where we were, but there are a few rays of light…unless something stupid happens, which it very well might…

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercreek Farmer View Post
    Made it to a show yesterday. Better than I remember from years ago when it was mostly ARs. Decent mix of new and used guns of all types. Seemed like sellers were interested in offers. Picked up 4 lbs of Titegroup for $107 OTD. Not cheap, but not robbery. Haven’t used much of it but it should make anything handheld go bang without any trouble. See some folks use it for rifle subtonics as well. I passed on two older cans of 4759 for $30 each. Looked and smelled okay, but not sealed (did they even seal them then?). The one fellow with Alliant powders wanted $70 for a lb of Unique and $65 for a few others. Same guy wanted $150 a brick for primers. Saw a few others at $125 a brick.

Not show related but I noticed Keltec and S&W are offering rebates. Natchez has run some free hazmat and free shipping recently. First time I have seen that in years. Might not get back to where we were, but there are a few rays of light…unless something stupid happens, which it very well might…
    Was that the one in Hickory this weekend? I went to the last one and probably the same guy had a $70 lb of Unique and a $150 brick of primers. It was a waste of time at the last one. A couple of dealers were rather rude, didn't seem to be much moving.

Boolit Master

Last Saturday I decided NOT to go to the Bi-Annual Gun Show and instead take my wife to Outdoor Landscaper Yards in search of ideas and some whimsical yard art. Ahhh Spring is in the air! Anyway Wife doesn't care what I drag home from the gun show's, just please don't drag her to one. We loaded up a bunch of goodies and got a coke at the local Sonic about 40 miles from home. I mentioned to her I always wanted to find this one Gun and Pawn shop that I hear so much about but can never find. Driving out of town my wife says I see a Gun and Pawn sign off the road we are on.
    I turn down the street and lo and behold there it is. "The Great White Whale" She gets out her phone and say's take your time I going to talk to my friend. 200ft of gun rakes before me. I ask if they had any old H&R's especially a .410, "No they quit making them" I'm thinking yeah I know. They had a large selection of shotguns (about a hundred feet worth) on the wall. So, I'm leaving looking at the gun rake as I walk out the door. "By God!" is that a woodedn stock?. Isn't that a brand new NEF? in the middle of all these Berettas? "Let me see it" Brand new never fired NEF Pardner in .410 with the original tags and instruction manual still hanging on the trigger guard. That was the best Gun Show I ever missed. I love my wife.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    Where ?
    Found em

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...gauge?a=518023

I rarely go to a gun show any more, since the "for profit" show producers moved in. Same old plastic junk, isle after isle, of no real interest, I may find one or two tables of any interest at all. At a point the entry fee plus the price exceeds available retail elsewhere.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast