MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: Fun and games in York, Pa...

Boolit Master

Fun and games in York, Pa...

Hi...
    This morning one of York, Pa's less than stellar residents walked into a local furniture store and shot the place up.
    Reports indicate that as many as 20 rounds were fired.
    Thankfully nobody was injured due to the gunman's obvious poor marksmanship.
    However, apparently several pieces of furniture were struck.
    Police responded quickly but were unable to apprehend the gunman who seems to have ran away leaving broken windows and bullet riddled furniture in his wake.
    Police declared it an isolated incident and that the general public was not in danger.
    Obviously the work of a madman with a deep seated personal hatred of furniture.

There's a few pieces of furniture I thought were rather ugly.
    But they never bothered me THAT much.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    After our experience with ashley home stores a few years ago over a bed we were trying to buy for our youngest daughter I kinda see his point.

Currently sitting with a empty living room waiting on the new furniture that was ordered at Thanksgiving.

At the 4 week point we got rid of virtually all the old furniture in preparation for the new carpet and the new furniture. Carpet went in on schedule. Not the furniture.

Verbally assured that it was 4 weeks or less for delivery, ordered and paid, you have to pay on ordered items, they now can't give us a date. And told to read the fine print. 90 days, with no guarantee.

Local, what has been a reputable company in the past.

"Supply chain issues".

I wouldn't take a gun in, but it's tempting to go sit in their showroom and pass out fliers explaining my experience.
    Last edited by 15meter; 02-25-2023 at 09:03 AM.

Boolit Master
    "I wouldn't take a gun in, but it's tempting to go sit in their showroom and pass out fliers explaining my experience."

Don't do it anywhere on their property or you risk trespass charges. Do it out on the street in front of the place----public space. Been there, done that. It works!
    R.D.M.

Quote Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
    Don't do it anywhere on their property or you risk trespass charges. Do it out on the street in front of the place----public space. ks!

That's how it's done.
    Years ago, a life long friend worked at a car dealership as a mechanic. Some customer had got a 'lemon'.
    He couldn't get 'relief' from the dealership or auto maker on it.
    So the guy painted about 6" size lemons all over it and drove around and around the dealership a few dozen times a day.
    The owner of the dealership heard about it, and saw the guy on the 2nd-3rd day.
    He went and got a check, told the sales manager, "Go buy that car".

Problem solved.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Moderator Emeritus

Supply chain issues are legit and are hitting every manufacturer from cars to furniture to electronics... I have an electronic part I need to repair a radio that has been back ordered for 7 months... I *might* get it next month if the allocation reaches me on the list.

Nothing your local seller can do, they are at the mercy of having moved manufacturing to China just like the rest of us!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Supply chain issues are legit and are hitting every manufacturer from cars to furniture to electronics... I have an electronic part I need to repair a radio that has been back ordered for 7 months... I *might* get it next month if the allocation reaches me on the list.

Nothing your local seller can do, they are at the mercy of having moved manufacturing to China just like the rest of us!
    Then don't stand in the showroom and tell me 4 weeks tops. Not until everything was paid for was the receipt with the 90 days handed to us.

I did industrial sales for a number of years, very high end dimensional measurement equipment. Start at 40K, most expensive sale I worked on was 1.8 million. I quit sales when I was told to lie to my customers.

Lying to customers is a guarantee of zero repeat sales.

And I had more than a few customers lie to me both before and after the sale. Mostly after the sale trying to get free service or upgrades.

Coming back from a sales call in Louisiana, a number of years ago, got in a conversation with a fellow salesman. He said he reviewed his customers once a year and averaged in his terms, "fired" about 10% of his customers annually. They were way more work than they were worth.

My wife has called 3 times in 90 days, extremely politely.

They have never contacted us, never apologized.

They as a place for us to purchase anything are pretty much done.
    Last edited by 15meter; 02-25-2023 at 08:22 PM.

Boolit Master
    years ago I worked in a hospital system sourcing medical /surgical /itu equiptment.....I was the middleman between suppliers ,often in England or USA,and a bunch of very bossy women........the lies I told were something else.

Boolit Man
    They already know you'll never do business with them again. They're probably thinking, "Why go out of our way to help this guy, we'll never see him again".
    It sad but it's how business works nowadays.

Boolit Grand Master

The other side of the coin is that they probably charge $1 bail and NOT prosecute the shooter. Go woke, go broke!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 375supermag View Post
    Police declared [...] that the general public was not in danger.
    I disagree.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

York is one of the growing number of small cities that you're really better off NOT going to for any reason.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithaca Gunner View Post
    York is one of the growing number of small cities that you're really better off NOT going to for any reason.
    Can't argue that point...
    As an update...apparently this was a targeted attempted homicide that turned into a gun fight between two men.
    Charges have been filed against both men including attempted homicide against one man and individuals not to possess firearms against both as well. Both men fled the scene before the police arrived and remain at large.

Boolit Master
    Further update...
    Latest reports state that one of the men involved in this shooting is in the hospital with multiple gunshot wounds.
    No information on how he got to the hospital.

Boolit Master
    A little more information has been trickling out about this shooting.
    Apparently the two protagonists had a physical confrontation the day before and the shooting was a continuation of and in retaliation for that confrontation.