Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: posting pictures

Boolit Master

posting pictures

took some pictures of a shotgun that i rust blued and want to post them in the gunsmithing section. i'm still learning about posting pictures. need help navagiting the process on this site??

Boolit Master
    I too need help posting pictures.
    It isn't the site.
    It is more because of me and my inability to understand computers and things like that.

Boolit Grand Master
    I had a heck of time. My issue was the file was too large. Cropping solved it for all the pictures except two. So I moved the camera farther away so I had more space to crop.

It kinds of sucks as the resolution is compromised. BTW this issue is only on this site for me. On the shotgun and SASS sites I use, I do not have to go through any gyrations and picture quality is much better.

There is likely a better and/or faster way so maybe others might any better solutions.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    To be able to upload here picture file size has been a recent issue for me. My old phone let me set a good low resolution for e-mailing/posting. My new phone is complicated as heck and wants to take 4k resolution pix and I cant seem to get it down to where i need it to be able to post directly. Also the format seems to make a difference and jpeg works the best for me. I don't post to 3rd party sites so I cant help there at all.

For posting here I have to pull the picture up on a computer, take a screenshot then pate it into PowerPoint crop it to final size and then re-save the pasted picture (right click on the pix-save as-jpeg format) picture from there to be able to post reliably. The screenshot "flattens" out the resolution and vastly reduces the size. I have yet to catch what the file size limit is.

Hope this helps

It seems some still have this problem, I run XP And have to load the picks to my pictures to MY Pictures, And have to resize, What a pain it is. My picture program hates me. Gotta get em the right. 700x 700 is just about impossible.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Yep the system will resize about a 2 meg picture down to under 100 k. I had a several shots group, one was a 2.7 meg and got rejected, tried to crop it down, and my camera keeps reading the original size. I am using an iPad, so.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Buddy
    How I do it is take pic with phone. Then email with phone to myself. When sending to myself it allows me to shrink the file size to small, medium, or large. Medium size seems to work most of the time.

Then save as a download. This smaller size is able to be uploaded here. Roundabout way, but works.

Size, size, size is the main reason you can't get pictures to load. Keep them under 350k or about 800x800 and you will be good to go. Here a link that may help.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...loading-photos
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

200 KB is the maximum size your picture can be. You will need some software to reduce the picture size.
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Master

These methods will insert the image where you write the code.

DIRECT LINK
    Every photo [jpg, gif, png, tif, etc.] on the Net has a link (URL). Copy that link and insert it into a post between "["img"]" and "["/img"]" tags (remove the quotation marks).

IMAGE HOSTING
    ....a.) Upload your image to Photobucket, Postimages, or other FREE image hosting site.
    …..b.) Copy the hosted image URL between BCC "["img"]" and "["/img"]" code (remove the quotation marks)

Example:

"["img"]"https://i.postimg.cc/B6jy432W/plunger-shotgun.png"["/img"]"

Result (quotation marks removed):

Some images will still be too large for CB. The only way to post those here is to reduce their size (many free resizing apps and programs) before it will display at CB.
    Last edited by Land Owner; 02-22-2023 at 02:59 AM.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

I use Tapatalk and it usually works. But I’m too computer illiterate to explain how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Evoken View Post
    How I do it is take pic with phone. Then email with phone to myself. When sending to myself it allows me to shrink the file size to small, medium, or large. Medium size seems to work most of the time.

Then save as a download. This smaller size is able to be uploaded here. Roundabout way, but works.
    This is also how I do it. I select smaller/smallest from the size option.

Boolit Master
    There is a way to resize photos in the photo editor on your phone. you can also set the resolution on your phone camera to less bits.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"