Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Lubed Boolit Storage

Boolit Mold

Lubed Boolit Storage

Recently finished my first casting session, by casting 300+ of 535gr New Postell boolits. They’ve been sized and lubed. I’m trying to figure out how to store them. Since I’m using them for BPCR competition I don’t want to store them loose, so I’m asking for suggestions. Some commercial casters use a styrofoam block which would work great but I haven’t been able to find them, except for the ones that Midway sells. Currently I’m using plastic ammo storage boxes, but was wondering if this is what others are using.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stuff 047.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	310772 It is labor intensive but they don't get buggered up.
    Shoot often, Shoot well.

I typically use the inserts from pistol ammo.

They stack and store nicely.

And if they are being given to a buddy, slide the tray back into the box. Plenty of room for labeling and it keeps them dust free.

Scrounged straight from the trash cans at the range.

I need to replenish the stock. I keep a decent supply of empty ammo boxes. If I bought commercial boxes, it would probably bankrupt me.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    I typically use the inserts from pistol ammo.
    The plastic ones from Federal/CCI .40 and .45 boxes work very well. In the case of a significant missile like your Postell's, you can use one box as a base, another as a lid, and seal any gap with tape.

And they make great loading blocks for anything south of a rimmed .458 rifle case.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Grand Master
    I ought a box of the Midway Styrofoam and cardboard cases, IIRC for the 44/45 colt, and found them to work and they were not too expensive. What they cost now? Who knows, I sold my 45/70 two years ago. My shoulders don't care to play with the big boys any more.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    I like the ‘MTM CAST BULLET BOX’ they’re cheap and sturdy. I stack a full layer and the cut a piece of cardboard and stack another layer of bullets standing up on top of the bottom layer. I found them cheap at an army surplus store that I used to live nearby up in Denver.
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Master
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Master

MSGuy:
    Welcome to the CastBoolits.
    Ditto on the inserts in the cartridge boxes. If you have a range to go to, or belong to a gun club, you should be able to dig around in the trash and get them. Happy hunting.
    If a 41 won't stop it, I wouldn't bet my life on a 44.

I use ziplock twist top containers, works well for me. https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=...UQ8w56BQgBEPUE

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejack View Post
    MSGuy:
    Welcome to the CastBoolits.
    Ditto on the inserts in the cartridge boxes. If you have a range to go to, or belong to a gun club, you should be able to dig around in the trash and get them. Happy hunting.
    Thanks, the range I belong to is mostly trap/skeet and on the rifle side everyone seems to like the AR’s, so I’ve been coming up short in my dumpster dives.

I use trays out of ammo boxes. My buddies that shoot factory ammo saves them for me.

Boolit Master
    I used to use boxes from usps deliveries and stand up the boolits in there. Worked pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Boolit Master
    I use cardboard bullet boxes and stack lubed bullets or I use the plastic ammo trays from .45 ACP ammo, all most all I lube get loaded and not stored. Cast bullets are stored in plastic bags after weighing and labeled with weight and to keep clean and sorted by weight.

Boolit Grand Master

I use Cigar boxes. But they are hard to find now days. I stand them up in rows and use a thin piece of cardboard between layers. When I was working our Clerk saved the backing off of legal pads, switching order froms, truck inspection forms, ect. I have a decent supply of them.

I have several of the MTM boxes but find them to be kind of small. Also mine have a "web" in them that makes stacking the bullets in a row difficult. No doubt it was made that way to increase the strength.

Mostly I don't lube them until I have a batch of brass ready to load. I store the un-lubed bullets loose in half gallon wide mouth jugs with the info written on the front with a sharpie.

I generally lube 200-400 to keep ready for my given go to bullets. In ammo trays I put them nose down. A piece of cardboard on the tray and flip them to get them out. Works like a charm. If I decide not to load them I can put the tray over the rows of bullets again and reflip them too.

Boolit Buddy
    I use the midway cardboard .45 l/c bullet boxes with foam trays. They are tall enough for longer bullets and easy to make labels for.they can also be reused 4-5 times and protect the bullets well.