Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
WidenersSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just having trouble getting over colds etc.

Boolit Master

Just having trouble getting over colds etc.

Just need to vent I guess .........Anyone else having a hard time with this winters colds? This is the first cold (sinus) without color. I'm all stuffed up and sound like crap and ears ringing is making it hard to hear. Working as a custodian in a school does not help. Just tried of this cold season. Sitting here typing after cleaning brass to get boxed up and can't breath through my sore nose. I think it's about time for that old nose to go on strike

Be Safe!!

Teddy

You need to use arm and hammer heavy duty saline spray just spray into your nose, breathe, spray again, blow you nose, then use as needed until you heal. Drink plenty of black coffee, do pushups and take naps on an as needed basis.

Boolit Master
    What I was taught to do... Get your self in bed, pile on the quilts, and sweat. Give yourself a fever, body heat kills the cold vires. Vitamin C 1000 MG+ a day, more if your body can handle it.
    Haven't had a cold in years, hope it stays that way ???

Boolit Master

Trying to get over a cold right now! It’s been coming on for a week and it’s just starting to get better!

Boolit Master
    You all can try Xlear, it is a nasial spray, that kills all the bad stuff in your nose.

Boolit Master

Menthol cough drops and hot showers. Make sure the humidity in the house is 40-50%, if possible.

Boolit Master
    Vitamin C and zinc seem to help. Brand doesn't matter, whatever cheap supplements are avaliable at your local pharmacy. The drinks seem to get things moving a little bit faster, but taste absolutely awful.

I'm just getting over who knows what, but being a nurse married to a nurse, I end up picking up all sorts of things and it's just how it is.
    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    Haven't had a cold in 2 years. Woops, now I've done it!

Moderator Emeritus

I take vitamin c 1000mg twice a day and during the winter season I take echinacea, two pills twice a day. My gf (and daughter who is a P.A.) laughed at me for making expensive pee. Got my gf to try my way and she hasn't gotten sick like she used to for a few years now. I also take other vitamins, but those two seem to work best for the colds. For the first time in at least 15 years, I did have a "cough" that was one of those deep ones. Knew I needed an antibiotic as had ot once before. That is the extent of getting sick. Also agree with humidity. My house is very dry. We have three humidifiers going 24/7 and a fish tank that I am constantly topping off due to evaporation. Bit windy here which I think is the issue.

Vit C every day works for me. Very seldom get sick, maybe one head cold a year. I believe that I had mild covid way back when between my first shots with a deep cough but it cleared up before I got to the dr. My wife was an 8th grade English teacher who always had upper respiratory problems until she started getting the flu and pneumonia shots. Neither of us smoke.

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    Long hot showers blowing your nose, followed by very hot and spicey foods. I had the last cold for almost 3 weeks. This is what got me over it. Get it koving and keep it draining.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Zinc tablets, and elderberry.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

This is my second day fasting and my sinuses have opened up and I can breathe better now.

There inclined pushups stretch by back and strengthen my shoulders, strengthen my heart.

Breathe like you mean it and the stress lowers.

The black coffee is in the microwave.

Have not needed the saline today.

Moderator Emeritus

The creeping sinus crud that is going around is a nasty one. Lasts 3+ weeks... and you don't get immunity. I am on round 2 of it... drainage down throat has me sounding like a 4 pack a day smoker, always coughing up stuff from the back of the throat...

I do lots of vit C but this one it had no effect. Sleep, fluids, a box of kleenex every 2-3 days...

Boolit Grand Master
    I've had it twice so far this year.
    Just when I think it's over, it comes back.
    Doesn't help that drug stores are all out of almost everything.
    I think it just might be a damacrap conspiracy.
    Make the people sick, so we don't have the energy to fight back.

I got a cold on Thanksgiving and it lasted until mid January. Took a Z-pac (sp?) and it did nothing. Got stronger meds and it finally went away. I have limited contact with the outside world now.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Same here. Started around Christmas. Then sinus infection with 2 different antibiotics. Cleared up, but still have mild sinus pressure. Was wondering if any of this is related to the Covid shot.

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry to hear this. Hoping you get well soon!

I’m going to contribute my minimal amount of colds to vitamin D3. Once a week does it for me.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master

I used to get a high fever and get over about anything in a day or two at 40 years old I started running a low temperature when sick and cold like symptoms could last weeks . You mentioned something else that changed at about 40 years old if I had a cold burgers and snot were green or yellow since then that is rare they are white and clear .
    So far I have done well though all this "COVID" thing had less colds then normal and they where short last week I had symptoms for three days no fever I took cold medicine for the sinus trouble and I varied which ones rather then taking all the same thing.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast