Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: MP357125: For automatics and revolvers too.

MP357125: For automatics and revolvers too.

The CZP09, Blackhawk 357 and Hellcat Pro all eat this bullet loaded over Winchester AutoComp.

4.3 grains is my 9x19 accuracy load, and I expand with the Lee universal so the casing accepts the bottom bullet groove, then seat the bullet so the step on the ogive is flush with the case mouth, then crimp 1/4 turn after die is contacting the casing, to promote feeding.

It's loud and barks decently from the pistols.

I am exploring this gun powder in 38 special brass. It is working very well in the black hawk, with clean burning, excellent accuracy, and the spent shells fall out pointing the six-gun up.

I shot them all so have none of the clear or chrome plate coated to show in revolver brass.

Am making more, that's the white dusted bullets from the other post I made. They are clear and sized 358 now. They will get loaded with 6.5 grains of AutoComp. They are loud and make a small fire ball.

The green bullets are specifically for the 77/357 and are cast from #2 alloy. They are full of trail boss and sound like hammering nails into a deck.

With a 4x Leupold it will put twenty shots into an inch at fifty yards and it's the most accurate cast bullet I have tried in that rifle (after a series of consecutive disappointments with 358429, rcbs 150kt, and a bunch of commercial cast bullets).

Some Speer Law-Man FMJ in the background.

My bullets group better and leave a cleaner gun.

Have a good day and be safe.

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    I have an 8 cavity solid that I run in 9mm and 38s. Love the boolit.

Been thinking about the hp version.

Boolit Master
    I too have been using this in 9mm and 38spl.

I have recently been looking at hotter loads in the 38spl, as you will see here in this thread: https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...l-MP357-125-HP

Currently I have a pretty decent loading where it concerns speed and cleanliness of the load - not sooty that is, and doesn't lead the gun up. It's actually rather pleasant to shoot but for the giant fireball erupting from the gun. Though I am thinking a heavier crimp may solve some of these problems as well.

This really is just a good boolit for these two cartridges.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Quote Originally Posted by Misery-Whip View Post
    I have an 8 cavity solid that I run in 9mm and 38s. Love the boolit.

Been thinking about the hp version.
    How is the mold to operate and how do the solid bullets perform on target?

Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    I too have been using this in 9mm and 38spl.

I have recently been looking at hotter loads in the 38spl, as you will see here in this thread: https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...l-MP357-125-HP

Currently I have a pretty decent loading where it concerns speed and cleanliness of the load - not sooty that is, and doesn't lead the gun up. It's actually rather pleasant to shoot but for the giant fireball erupting from the gun. Though I am thinking a heavier crimp may solve some of these problems as well.

This really is just a good boolit for these two cartridges.
    Power Pistol is the most accurate propellant I have tested pushing that bullet in 9x19.

5 grains and the groups tightened and only started opening up at 5.5 grains.

Now I'm shooting then with AutoComp@4.3 grains and performance is almost as good.

Power Pistol sounds like (BOOM) freedom and makes the nine sound like a forty with a huge muzzle flash.

I read the thread you listed... Interesting.

I like red dot too wish I had 30 pounds of it

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    The mp 8 cavity molds are long, and are a pure joy to use. Makes a pile of bullets in no time at all. Ive loaned it out to local friends and they didnt want to give it back.

Doesnt seem as picky on powder as some designs can be. Especially when I cant get supplies I normally use. Every load shoots the same 3" -4" group at 50'. (Which is about my best..)Just different points of impact.

Get one, about the only way to keep up with 2 or 3 semi- autos.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Recycled bullet View Post
    Power Pistol is the most accurate propellant I have tested pushing that bullet in 9x19.

5 grains and the groups tightened and only started opening up at 5.5 grains.

Now I'm shooting then with AutoComp@4.3 grains and performance is almost as good.

Power Pistol sounds like (BOOM) freedom and makes the nine sound like a forty with a huge muzzle flash.

I read the thread you listed... Interesting.

I like red dot too wish I had 30 pounds of it
    Yeah, I need to buy some more. But I'm waiting a little while to see if powder prices come back down a little. I'd like to burn up some of the Unique I have if I can find a load that will work with it - thus the idea of using a heavier crimp. But I think it's a pipe dream at this point. But the fireball out of my SP101 always gets the attention of the guy in the stall next to me at the range. They always ask what I'm shooting. Funny thing is, even with that fireball it is a super pleasant load to shoot. Even more so than my 358311 over 4.0gr of Unique - which is a mild load in itself.

Have fun working up loads and shooting. We only get one life to do this with!
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!