RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load Data Wideners
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newer Lee Deluxe APP Press

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    deces.......correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the deluxe is better bought as a second press. I'm having a hard time seeing why I would want to convert my APP into a Deluxe.....and make it into a priming machine, when what I'm really enjoying is the APP case processing. I have a bench primer that works.

Granted there is no bench primer with a case feeder........but if I want one that bad, I'd rather have a dedicated Deluxe to do just that and keep my Processing press on line at the same time.
    I think you are right about it being best as a dedicated priming press. I could do everything the regular APP does, but you would need to disconnect the red spring that actuates the priming arm if doing anything other than priming. That's why I have two...
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Quote Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
    Nice video, looks pretty good except for the one thing Lee still hasn’t fixed. That’s the crappy primer trays, you can clearly see in the video almost half of the primers in the tray are flipped sideways. They should take a clue from the tray in the Frankford Arsenal hand primer and do something similar to that.
    They are made to hold 100 primers, for about $3.50 a piece, there is nothing stopping anyone from buying more trays to match session. The flipped primers in the video were the result of user error or him just rushing it for the demo.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Here is a pretty good demo of the Lee Deluxe APP and showcasing of the accessories.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    Are you sizing? The package blister for the 9mm says not to size 9mm with xpress shell holders.
    Exactly! The Xshell holders are not for sizing! Say right in the instructions not to use them for sizing
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithaca Gunner View Post
    Yes, I'm resizing with it, that's the main reason I bought the thing. Is there a redesigned or improved shell holder available and does it work without tearing rims off?

This thing could be the most useless product lee has made since the ''perfect'' powder measure of the 1990's.
    Really. I’ve processed well over 100,000 cases 9x19, 9x18, 5.56, 38 special, 357 mag, 45, 380, etc. That’s not including all the boolets I’ve sized Absolutely no, that’s 0 issues! I love it! Best $100.00 I ever spent! But I don’t confuse it with a $1200.00 Dillon either. I guess I’m either doing something right, or your doing something wrong.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Buddy
    I just bought the deluxe APP directly from Lee, $98 with free shipping, and I get to keep my old standar APP. Really looking forward to priming with this press, after I'm comfortable with it I'll peddle my old one, and my auto-prime II and can recoup most if not all of my investment in the new press, win win!

Quote Originally Posted by JKH View Post
    I just bought the deluxe APP directly from Lee, $98 with free shipping, and I get to keep my old standar APP. Really looking forward to priming with this press, after I'm comfortable with it I'll peddle my old one, and my auto-prime II and can recoup most if not all of my investment in the new press, win win!
    I would think about holding onto both, the original APP does some things a lot easier than the new one.

Boolit Master

I missed my old press that justed deprimed, size bullets, and swaggered. I got one of the newer APPs and hated it. It’s in the trash bin! And I’m no Lee hater, but that thing was poop.

Jerry
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master

Is the APP a full press..or basically 1 station fast processing?

Yes, but they recommend not sizing brass, because the shell holders will rip the rims off the cases.

Boolit Master
    I have the original APP press don't need to prime with it so the Deluxe Press is no interest to me. But i was looking around Lee's web site and came across something called an APP Deprime Kit # 91855. It says no shell holders needed . Does anyone know anything about this add on ?

Yeah I have that kit as well. it eliminates the need for the X-press shell holders, with the use of the black two piece fingers, they are spring loaded and exert constant pressure against the brass during the deprime operation.
    It's pretty slick, but .223 will hang up on the decapping rod once in a while.

Boolit Buddy
    Intriguing, mine was supposed to be delivered today, but tracking has hung in Buffalo since 1:45AM and is still showing deliver by 9PM, USPS tracking and delivery has really gotten crappy ��
    I just used my original APP to decap 500 5.56 cases I primed about 2 years ago with CCI 34's, I recently bought 500 primed cases that were pulled down for components for $65 shipped, so decided I wanted the CCI'S back in my primer stash. The APP did a great job as always, but now knowing there is a different decapping system I wish I had waited for the new press, then again I have tens of thousands of cases so am sure I can muster up a good quantity to try on the new press.
    I am anxious to see how different the APP, and APP deluxe are, unless there are significant enough differences, I still plan on selling or trading my original, the new priming system is what tipped the scales im favor of buying the deluxe, I frequently do batches of rifle or pistol in 500 to 1K lots and this APP deluxe primingsystem will save major blocks of time and effort. I also have two extra primer trays on hand from the swinging system that attaches to a standard Lee press (currently set up on my newer Lee turret press, so I can preload 300 primers.

Intriguing, mine was supposed to be delivered today, but tracking has hung in Buffalo since 1:45AM and is still showing deliver by 9PM, USPS tracking and delivery has really gotten crappy ��
    I just used my original APP to decap 500 5.56 cases I primed about 2 years ago with CCI 34's, I recently bought 500 primed cases that were pulled down for components for $65 shipped, so decided I wanted the CCI'S back in my primer stash. The APP did a great job as always, but now knowing there is a different decapping system I wish I had waited for the new press, then again I have tens of thousands of cases so am sure I can muster up a good quantity to try on the new press.
    I am anxious to see how different the APP, and APP deluxe are, unless there are significant enough differences, I still plan on selling or trading my original, the new priming system is what tipped the scales im favor of buying the deluxe, I frequently do batches of rifle or pistol in 500 to 1K lots and this APP deluxe primingsystem will save major blocks of time and effort. I also have two extra primer trays on hand from the swinging system that attaches to a standard Lee press (currently set up on my newer Lee turret press, so I can preload 300 primers.
    Lee Has made 3 versions of this press type. There is unofficial version of the APP that is used to press out primer cups for reloading those. A user on this board has adapted the RCBS Summit press to operate like a Lee APP with unique 3D printed parts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APP.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	231.1 KB 
ID:	319542Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACP.jpg 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	319543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hjvj.png 
Size:	194.8 KB 
ID:	319544

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cvjcdjudcuydyudududud.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	319545

Boolit Buddy
    Please provide details on the "unofficial" APP in the last post, a link to the thread would be great!

Finally received my deluxe today, only 1 day after tracking said it would be delivered, don't know how I survived waiting for stuff in the mail when I was a kid in the 60's and 70's ��
    I haven't had much time to really scrutinize it, but I'm not seeing any difference in the base press mechanism, same looking at pics of the APC, I'm thinking the APC upgrade would have done what I wanted for half the cost, but the dealnI got from Lee was still quite a bit cheaper than anyone else selling them, AND I got to keep my original press so I can still use it, or sell it. I'm thinking a 300 or 400 round batch of .380ACP will be first, including sizing, then the same for .45ACP.

Boolit Buddy
    I looked over both my APP presses closely, they are identical, the only difference is the plate with the primer mechanism and the parts made to work with it for priming and the decapping pin, everything you can use on a standard APP can be used on this one, and judging from the pictures the same holds for the ACP.
    So, the upgrad kit for the ACP would fit the original APP, but you would have to purchase the other priming parts, so cost may be close.

I picked up an app to play with when they came out.

Please provide details on the "unofficial" APP in the last post, a link to the thread would be great!

Finally received my deluxe today, only 1 day after tracking said it would be delivered, don't know how I survived waiting for stuff in the mail when I was a kid in the 60's and 70's ��
    I haven't had much time to really scrutinize it, but I'm not seeing any difference in the base press mechanism, same looking at pics of the APC, I'm thinking the APC upgrade would have done what I wanted for half the cost, but the dealnI got from Lee was still quite a bit cheaper than anyone else selling them, AND I got to keep my original press so I can still use it, or sell it. I'm thinking a 300 or 400 round batch of .380ACP will be first, including sizing, then the same for .45ACP.
    Like I said this kit is for people who rebuild all their own primers. Yes, it's a thing in this day & age.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1313149...on-recs-rv-1-1

Boolit Master
    I finally decided it was time to try this thing out so I ordered last night.

I don't find decapping useful at all, unless you're trying to do neck sizing only. Why make a one step process into a two step process? My Lee Pro 4000 has a case feed and will decap and size in one stroke. I just put one die in the machine then they are ready for washing.

Bullet sizing looks interesting. I can't get my boolits to fall uniformly into the tubes. Maybe I need a reducer? Even if I forget the tubes it would probably be a wee bit faster than using the classic sizing dies. Kind of like a Star press but without the added lube.

What I really wanted was a fast way to swage primer pockets. I have a Dillon Super Swage 600 but it's not super fast. I have a huge box of range pick up 556 brass that I'm dreading to process. Any time save here would be worth the price alone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast