Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Starting the "32 Retinue"?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in, sign me up!

41 49.40%
  • Sounds interesting, I'm following along

29 34.94%
  • You're kidding, right?

3 3.61%
  • I'm a Neanderthal, nothing less than 44 for me.

1 1.20%
  • What's a 32?

9 10.84%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Poll: The 32 Retinue

Boolit Buddy
    Early 20ish Regulation Police, 31-1, Zastava M70, 1925 Colt Army Special

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    I am liking that Colt--so shiny!
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master
    Rintinglen, when I saw those pictures, I thought to myself that you must have posted them! Jreidthompson1, that’s are some nice 32s... one doesn’t see a Zastava every day, and like RTG, I’m liking that shiny Colt as well, and I’m not even a Colt guy as a rule!
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    ^^ Like Green Frog, I am Not normally a Colt Guy...But...I could have that shiney one be the Only one in the Stable!!!

Boolit Master
    Did I post this little Savage Model 1917 in .32 before?

Boolit Grand Master
    I don’t remember seeing yours posted, but they do show up from time to time. They always kinda remind me of a squirt gun (but in a nice way). Like anything from Savage, they were very well built, and a step or two separated from the mainstream. Do you shoot it much?
    Froggie

Boolit Master
    Froggie, I enjoyed shooting it then traded it off. These pistols were ingeniously designed, and this one was surprisingly accurate.

Boolit Grand Master
    I hear you, AR! Back in my teaching days a very wise for her years 16 year old student once observed “You can’t have it all. If you did, where would you put it?” I’ve been through a small number of 32 auto pistols myself over the years, but always ended up being attracted by “the next shiny thing” and never could quite hold onto one. Oh well, I guess I still have my memories (as long as they last, that is!)
    Froggie

Boolit Master
    That Savage puts me in the mind of my old Unique .22RF... If it hefty as that, I think I will go on the look for one...Just because... I will Make room...sell one Harley, makes room for plenty of SideArms!!!

Boolit Buddy
    I was ecstatic about the colt. Seller noted that he thought it was refinished so no/low minimum. I could care less if it has been refinished. I just wanted a 32-20 to shoot. Total cost including transfer fee just shy of $350. No play and locks up tight. It's been five months and I still can't stop grinning. The Regulation police was also a great deal from a local to me auction house.

The two above and the 31-1 have all been since Sept. The zastava was mid 2021. I'm going to repeat what several others have mentioned... reading the 32 cal threads from you guys here and on other sites has been addictive. Thanks for all the information and enthusiasm.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    I like my Savages. They are surprisingly accurate and shootable, given that they were designed 119 years ago. I have a 1907 in 32 from 1909, a second later 1907 from ~1920 and a 1915 also 32's. The 1915 is my favorite, the trigger is much better than either of the 1907's.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3848 (1).jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	323510

I first became interested in them as a teenager when one of my neighbors Dad showed us his . He carried it as a back up to his 38 Colt Official Police and had used it to compel the surrender of a teenage burglar he caught stealing in his garage one night.
    Last edited by rintinglen; 02-17-2024 at 03:11 PM.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    Anyone have any loads for Ruger 327 with 98gr wadcutters, just got a new one in this week. Going to load up some 32 H&R and hopefully some 327 as well. Looking to make this one my carry gun. I guess I will start with Bullseye.

Boolit Grand Master
    I’ve never loaded purely target loads for the 327 (and very few for H&R) but I would repeat the caution heard so many times before against loading wadcutters, particularly hollow base WCs, to high speed/pressures since they don’t hold together too well. The hollow base skirts have a tendency to break apart and get left in the bore. If I were going to start experimenting with a 327 FM wadcutter and couldn’t find any published data, I’d probably begin with the recommended load for a 32 H&R and work up a couple of tenths at a time, looking for accuracy rather than velocity.

Myself, I prefer to use my WCs in 32 S&W L brass and save my harder to find 327 brass for heavy loads. Then again, you be you!

Froggie

Boolit Grand Master
    Somewhere I have an RCBS 32-98 WC mold and about 5 years back I loaded up a few dozen in some H&R brass, I crimped in the crimp groove and IIRC used 2.5 grains of WW-231. They shot OK, but were quite a ways from point of aim in my Single 7. I never tried them in 327 brass.

Boolit Grand Master
    Oh wait, yes I did! I only loaded a box or two, but I used 3.0 grains of WW-231 in 327 brass from Starline. I really remember nothing else about them, they were not full tilt 327's. I suspect I still have most of them as I never got around to really testing them. Someday I need to go through my ammo boxes and drag everything out into the light of day.

Boolit Grand Master
    Rintinglen, IIRC the day we had our 32 cal “Shoot-a-Rama” you just brought a few cases of 32 semi-auto pistols while I brought only revolvers. While I talked about my 32 H&R and 327 FM loads, you didn’t mention those cartridges you had left at home. I would have unleashed a few of them downrange from my RBH if you had brought them. Maybe we could do it again this Spring… I guess it’s my turn to make the drive up to your home range.
    Froggie

Boolit Buddy
    Well guys I ordered the MP mold to try out, and I have no idea how he got here so fast but I am happy. Will try it out this weekend ordered the 98gr full wadcutter.

Boolit Grand Master
    Be sure to provide a detailed Product Report ASAP. If it goes well for you, perhaps I’ll have to give another try to the one I got from Dale53. My problem is that I am sorta “mould poor”. I have so many that are proven performers, I have a hard time justifying time spent experimenting with others. But then again, I have FOMO in the extreme as well as the concentration of the average puppy chasing squirrels, so...

Boolit Master

I have been shooting Speer 98 grain wadcutters in Lapua cases powered by 1.6 grains of WST in my 31-1 .32 S&W Long.

It’s been more accurate than my own SWC I cast with my Accurate mold.

It was funny shooting that pop gun and then my cast 160 FN in the model 64. Oh hello, a little more power.

Boolit Buddy
    Well I casted up around 100 rounds, and sized them for .314 and lubed them for 32 H&R and 327 today. I will load some of both to take to the range on Sunday. Only thing is both of my guns are snub nosed revolvers, so it may not be a test that will not help anyone. I am pleased with the MP mold so far, but I did have a few that went back into the pot. That is normal for me with a new mold, learning the temp and speed of casting. I would really like for this to be my only mold for 32. I am looking forward to testing, now I have to make up my mine if I need a chronograph or not, as right now I do not have one, as I shoot for accuracy not speed. Thanks guys