MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: .360 Buckhammer

Boolit Master

I've long since retired my Ruger American, I make my son shoot it when he's feeling over manly. My current go to in 450 BM is a Ruger No 1 and a Model 77 Scout. Recoil in both are quite mild even with 300 grain SST's or Speer 300grain deep curls. With the right platform/loads it's recoil isn't as bad as reputation makes it.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

If you have a 357 Mag single shot, just recut the chamber to a 357 Super Mag, (Max) done and done. No fuss no muss, just a .250 extension of the chamber length. Still shoot 357s and use the same dies and bullets.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Bub
    Reinventing the wheel. Knocked over quite a few 50+ rams at 200 meters with both a .357mag and a .357sm. Over 20 years of IHMSA. DW's with a 210gr. LBT and .W296 powder. 10'' BF in production class. If somebody came out with a lever gun in the super mag caliber, pretty sure a 180gr. hp out of a 16-18 inch barrel would do the trick.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsyman View Post
    Reinventing the wheel. Knocked over quite a few 50+ rams at 200 meters with both a .357mag and a .357sm. Over 20 years of IHMSA. DW's with a 210gr. LBT and .W296 powder. 10'' BF in production class. If somebody came out with a lever gun in the super mag caliber, pretty sure a 180gr. hp out of a 16-18 inch barrel would do the trick.
    I have an SSK 16.25” .357max barrel on my Encore frame and shooting 180g Hornady XTP’s I’m getting right around 1875-1900fps (chronographed) using two different powders (1680 and 57440). My five shot groups are averaging 1.3” at 100 yards. I’ve killed a bunch of deer with this load up to 200 yards. It works like a charm.

Boolit Bub
    Guess I'm old school!! Had a Marlin 1894 in ..44mag.(Sorry I sold it, but couldn't get my cast to shoot good with that micro groove rifling) Henry's got their Big Boy out, might get one of those if I can scrape up some cash to spare. But always liked the idea of a rifle and handgun shooting the same cartridge.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Abert Rim View Post
    The .450 was a pussycat in my AR -- and wonderfully accurate. Just traded it for a Husqvarna 146 in 9,3X57 -- much more versatile.
    I have that Husqvarna in 9.3x57 and really like it. Shoots cast very well. I don't know, I feel the 450BM will kill everything the 9.3x57 will. It would be close. I think a round you may like and it works on an AR10 is the 375 Raptor. It has alreay taken a lot of big dangerous game. Look it up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsyman View Post
    Guess I'm old school!! Had a Marlin 1894 in ..44mag.(Sorry I sold it, but couldn't get my cast to shoot good with that micro groove rifling) Henry's got their Big Boy out, might get one of those if I can scrape up some cash to spare. But always liked the idea of a rifle and handgun shooting the same cartridge.
    That's too bad on the 44 mag rifle that someone that knows how to get cast to shoot just as well as jacketed, maybe even better, from Micro Groove rifling didn't help you.
    Last edited by TD1886; 07-24-2023 at 12:28 PM.

Boolit Bub
    It was in my early days of casting.(started in the late 80's) After I sold it, several ''old timers'' made some suggestions, but already gone.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567