RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shoulder replacement surgery

Boolit Master

shoulder replacement surgery

Any of you guys had this? I had the reverse replacement on Tuesday after a couple of years of pain. Here on Sunday pain was pretty bad this morning after trying a night in bed. The recliner seems more comfortable. Rehab appt on Tuesday, what have I got to look forward to?
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    I had a knee replaced seven months ago. Do what your physical therapist tells you religiously and you will do fine. Just don't be tempted to overdo the PT's program thinking it will speed things up. I hope you have as good a surgeon as I did.

Boolit Master

I had a complete replacement with the reverse socket and head. Was the best thing ever! I was moving it right after surgery. It hurt! But not like before. Is I’m almost two year out from it and have about 90% strength and range of motion and no pain. Waiting for my left shoulder to be done in two more years if not sooner.
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48A47E10-AF1C-4237-9240-077BA8310D53.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	308999
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Grand Master
    I plan on seeing my Doc for shoulder work. Been bad for a long time. Good luck with yours.

Boolit Buddy
    Yes, Had complete left shoulder replaced. Reverse socket. Pain before was too severe to ignore. Got to the point that I couldn't use my arm anymore. After surgery I went to rehab for a couple of weeks. I'm thinking it was about 6 months I was using pretty much normally. The only thing is you lose a small amount of backwards reach. Because of the mechanics of the artificial joint.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    I am a odd man out on these replacements, not so the shoulder but
    I have had both knee's and a hip resurfaced biggest mistake in my life
    pain is there yet and worse so I accomplished nothing cept getting the ortho an new BMW
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

ortho surgeries are not 100% successful, but they are high percentage. Skill of the surgeon, response of the body to having the procedure done, what was corrected,as well as patient compliance with rehab, all play into the final result. Rehab with joint surgeries is PAINFUL, but necessary to avoid scar tissue formation etc. The advice of the rehab people should be followed religiously. I'm still recovering from double fusions in my lower back, in Aug. My rehab instructions were to MOVE, don't do anything that involves bending, twisting for 4 weeks. Moving (standing and walking) hurt like he## for a while. Then it got better. I'm slowly improving.

Boolit Master

6 weeks after surgery and gotta say, “wow!” Doc cleared yesterday for most anything and pain (except tightness around joint) is gone! Full motion except behind back, said that would take about 3 months. Bought a new 28 ga. to celebrate but had too after buying loader, wads and hulls.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B188F9CE-3EC2-4DF2-B393-BF0714A769D8.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	310546
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master

Not that far Yeat for me
    I had the right Rotator Cup done 8 years ago
    The left side is needing done now
    As it is causing pain 24 hours a day

Hope it works out well for you

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I have a similar question. I'll be having a hip replaced in the near future. How long is recovery time before you can walk without a cane or similar?
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    A friend of mine had a hip replacement done. One side that is. He was using a ladder and working on his roof in 4 months. Losing extra ponds makes a big difference

Boolit Master
    Had full hip replacement, titanium/cross-linked poly, took about 4 weeks to go from walker to cane, another 4 weeks on cane, then just got better. Physical therapy ended after about three months full function and strength back. Hip was injured badly, horse wreck when I was 25, 45 years later it caught up with me and got bad. Hip works GREAT again! Back to the black timber and steep hills for elk.

Boolit Master
    My "doc" said 7 months to heal. That after asking me what will I use my new shoulder for? He described different types of materials and what I wanted the fix to be. Normal movement or actually using my new joint. 7 months is a long time. He seemed to make it a point that he was from the Pacific North West area, University of Oregon. He talked a lot, the nurses said they should'a warned me, lol.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I have a similar question. I'll be having a hip replaced in the near future. How long is recovery time before you can walk without a cane or similar?
    Hip replacements are the most successful joint operations done today. I have had both mine done. The recovery wasn’t very long. The first one was done in the morning and they had me up starting to walk in the afternoon. The second one was done in the afternoon and they had me up and walking the next morning.

Just don't overdo, had neighbor have 3 hip replacements in a year. One side failed.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    My daughter was a therapist for many years, I am facing the same surgery sometime in the future. She told me that the reverse patients always recovered better and faster than the others. But with any recovery is slow and hard. Good luck

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by MostlyLeverGuns View Post
    Had full hip replacement, titanium/cross-linked poly, took about 4 weeks to go from walker to cane, another 4 weeks on cane, then just got better. Physical therapy ended after about three months full function and strength back. Hip was injured badly, horse wreck when I was 25, 45 years later it caught up with me and got bad. Hip works GREAT again! Back to the black timber and steep hills for elk.
    That's my problem, bad horse wreck about 25 years ago.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

The rehab is hard but as your range of motion increases the pain will decrease. It is not fun but it must be done.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    Had it done twice on the same shoulder. Dont let it go to long before you get it fixed and once you do make sure you let it heal before doing anything. Just ask me how I know.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast