WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: Primer supply???

Boolit Grand Master

Primer supply???

How is the primer supply in your area????
    When a shop here get a shipment of primers, it's all over the email tree.
    I still have enough to last a while, so not looking to buy any.
    $169 a brick. SRP

Boolit Grand Master

Primer supply here is great! Walk down a flight of stairs and load whatever I want.

If you mean stores… well they are around, but you better be ready to pay $100 plus a thousand. I have to say I’m actually surprised they are only $170 in the middle of the Pacific!
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Buddy

We have CCI and some Federal on the shelves up here at Scheels Sports and Cabelas. Usually $80/ 1000 Cheddite 209's for $70 Even saw Rem #11 percussion caps at Cabelas Not bragging but trying to give hope. LRP sent not available GW

Boolit Grand Master
    I normally buy in bulk and online. Seeing more adds and notices with prices that are less than $100/k.

Lowest is about $80/k.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Most stores around here have sp & sr for about 100/1000, very few lr & lp.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Buddy
    You had better be ready with money to buy when they cone in and you better not be fussy on brand.

Availability is still poor with price around $130/thousand for standard American primers.

Boolit Master

Guess I've not looked for them other than talking with my local gun shop and here on line. LGS doesn't have any in the shop, he reloads himself and refused to carry Primers @$100-$150/1000, so I expect he'll give in and carry them again when everybody has them in stock.??? I'm still holding some in reserve.
    I'm of the mind there isn't a shortage just plain old GREED.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master

The Local Cabelas has some small rifle CCI #5 I think. They have had the same ones at least 3 weeks marked $149.99. No mystery there as to why they still have them.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Moderator Emeritus

I heard from a friend, that his brother's cousin bought some SPP from the LGS for $40 a brick...limit 3 bricks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    The nearest gun store that MIGHT have any primers is about an 80 mile drive for me, so I either buy on-line or at the twice yearly local gun show. Not much luck at the gun show though.

Yep, lifetime supply in my two ammo boxes except for lrp. I'm short on those, but not out. And I'll just make do as ill not pay $100 for a thousand. Yeah, might not buy any more....

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SSGOldfart View Post
    I'm of the mind there isn't a shortage just plain old GREED.
    My sediments exactly.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I heard from a friend, that his brother's cousin bought some SPP from the LGS for $40 a brick...limit 3 bricks.
    Now that's some serious first-hand info! almost sedimental.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Cabela's has Fed. LR back in. I just got 1000 CCI LR, and am developing a load so not sure about taking them on, but maybe it would be wise to get what I can when I can.
    -Paul

Well, I bit the bullet and bought a 1000 Remington LRP at the going exorbitant prices but I now do have a lifetime supply. Not only price is a concern but here in NYS, the government has been slowly eroding what we can buy online and many suppliers won’t even do business here.

Primers Online- None Local.

CCI SP $.09 each. https://ammoseek.com/ To high for me to buy.

After adding Hasmat & Shipping, not worth it.

CCI SR mag 7.7¢ each. I have used these in my M28, 357 mag revolver.
    Last edited by 243winxb; 12-24-2022 at 12:34 PM.

Boolit Master

next to nothing here.
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Boolit Buddy
    They pop up all the time online and local stores are starting to have them sit on the shelf in the Northeast. (Cabelas, local stores). Any bench rest is going for $150 and they sit, but the regular ones at $90 to $100 are selling (except small rifle).

Target Sports USA has had them for months available. SPP for $83 plus $30 hazmat (free shipping) so comes out to $90+ tax.

Boolit Master

I went from loading a few thousand rounds annual pistol rifle etc. I load maybe a few hundred pistol and maybe a total 200 rifle between 4 calibers these days. Frankly, I have more than 10,000 pistol type, mag and reg, Lge and Sm. for rifle 5,000 plus Lge and Sm even some Lge Mag. I'm just not doing a lot of shooting for the "Jolly's" any more and will probably not ever again. Times have changed and they ain't going back. Those 300-350 dollar guns I thought I'd buy sometime and play with loads etc are, now 30 months later, North of 1000 bucks.
    The shines come off the whole thing.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master
    I haven't seen any here except at a gun show and the cheapest there was $100 / thousand. I am not looking for primers as I think I have enough to last the rest of my life.
    We have all seen ammo and all components disappear from store shelves almost over night. Ammo companies make a lot more selling ammo than components and are using components as fast as they can. As long as they can not keep up with demand, they will continue to use all the components they can get/make to produce ammo as fast as they can. If or when they have produced enough ammo to satisfy their buyers we will see components return to the stores.

When they have flooded the market prices will drop and availability will increase. If we stop buying long enough for manufactures to catch up, this will happen. I haven't bought any ammo or components from a store in two years or more.

I did buy 38 lbs of a variety of powder from a private party for $200 recently.