Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: What I did in the reloading room today.

Boolit Master

Red face What I did in the reloading room today.

Checked some supposedly copper scrubbing pads with a magnet...one batch was definitely magnetic, indicating coper coated steel. The Chore Boy brand pads were all copper, and therefore useful for cleaning lead from barrels without damage. Gave the steel ones to my wife!

Some weeks ago, I stumbled onto a very good buy on a Hornady-Pacfic Pre Lock 'n Load Deluxe powder measure. Apparently NIB, large and small dispensing chambers, and a mount. Nice guy that I bought it from....he said he had changed to an RCBS measure. No argument there; RCBS makes good stuff. Inspecting the measure once I got it home, there were the slightest signs of use, but the drum was difficult to move and was rough! I ran some Graphite powder through it, which improved the operation some. The instructions assume those reading know a bit about the measure. Not me...this is the first fully-capable powder measure I have owned, and probably the last! I disassembled it, and noticed the dispensing drum was installed upside down. I found some FLITZ and polished the drum and inside bearing surfaces of the measure. Cleaned it up, put it back together, using some Hornady cleaner and dry lube, because it wouldn't go back together without! Anyway, now it works smoothly and properly...I think...never having owned a measure before. Still, I am happy with my "new" powder measure.
    Upset at having to work on it a little? No...even my new Rockchucker press needed a bit of minor tweaking to get it to run better!
    IT IS A FINE AND PLEASANT MADNESS !

Boolit Master
    I gave up on copper scrub in barrels, now use only Bore Teck eliminator, wet mop barrel Wate about 5 minutes and patch out, if still green mop again and repeat, works great,
    no more scrubbing...

Boolit Master
    Sounds good!

Boolit Grand Master

What I did in the reloading/gun room today - locked the door. Grandchildren coming to stay a few days, all but one gun and all the ammo but what is in that one gun is in the gun room. My carry gun is high enough that I have to reach up to get it, and I'm 6'2" with long arms.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master