MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas came early/ new puppy

Boolit Buddy
    I have an Australian shepherd mixed with border collie. He is 5yo and my favorite dog I've ever known. He is a true best friend for as long as either of us live. He looks more like an Australian shepherd and is colored as a "brown tri".

Boolit Master

Pics?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    I especially like the part where when their diaper becomes 'full', you can hand them back....
    My personal favorite has always been when they come to visit load them up with lots of sugar! Then send them home with the most extremely obnoxious loud and annoying toys!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Mk42gunner View Post
    I lost my constant companion Daisy a minpin/terrier cross mutt in October. She was with me for a month shy of thirteen years, and was about nine or ten months old when I got her from the pound. I finally got to where I could look at her spot on the couch and not expect to see her.

I was talking with my cousin a few days ago and she asked "What about an Australian Shepard?" Seems a woman she knows had some almost ready to go.

I met her this evening and got him; an eight week old, rolly polly sixteen pound chunky guy. Supposed to be a mix of Austrailan shepard and Heeler. I haven't decided on a name for him yet; Buddy the tom cat doesn't know what to make of him and Mom's spayed female cat Speedy just watches him from on top of the ice box.

He may be the best Christmas present since I got my first rifle in 1974.

Robert
    A new pup is wonderful and brings its challenges....but in our opinion they are well worth the trouble....they certainly not any worse than a child! We are of the opinion that life is toooo short to not have a dog or two....so Congrats and enjoy the ride!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by poppy42 View Post
    Then send them home with the most extremely obnoxious loud and annoying toys!

Oh yeah.

I used to tell my sister, "You better be nice to me. Or I'll give your kid a drum and a whistle for Christmas".
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Enjoy your pup !
    I was dog-less for years. Nothing could replace my Malamute
    Then I adopted Bear at 5 weeks old (6 lbs)
    He's an American Bulldog
    Grew to 130 lbs of pure loveable monster.
    My best friend in the world
    So careful with the little grandkids, to full rage beast when a coyote threatened one of them.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Grand Master
    Update on the new pup.

His name is now Bear. It was a toss up between that and Sir Snorzalot, but I figured that would be hard to yell across a field without laughing.

The pets in the house now have a new wide bottomed (hopefully stable) water dish. He got a little excited last night when I came in and stepped in the old cool whip container that has worked for years, then he did it again this morning. New water bowl this afternoon.

So far no bathroom type incidents; I take him outside, he makes a little yellow hole in the snow waits a bit then dumps. It does not take him long when it has been single digits or below since shortly after I brought him home.

Very few yips, which is way better than a barking fool. Somehow I just know that if he ever really barks I need to check what is wrong.

He has started exploring the house a bit, when he isn't snoring on my foot.

Robert

Boolit Buddy
    like the name, my blue heeler in named Bear, after a german shepard I had when I lived on the farm. most of my dogs have been shepards, and 3 Samoyed dogs. this one is a different animal. only one I had that was interested in planes and helicopters. been a lot of dogs, I am 74, got this one short of 2 years ago after the last Samoyed passed. keeps my busy. hope yours works out as well.
    Barry

Boolit Master
    There is no better gift than a dog! Loyal, living and caring no matter what! First one to see you when you get home, always happy to see you!
    I feel sorry for people w/o doggies.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Congratulations! Great name too.

Boolit Master
    Ausies seem to need jobs. We had one who observed my wife swatting a new cat when it scratched on the couch. From that point on, it became Misty's self appointed job to prevent cats from scratching on the furniture, no training, just a "mom doesn't allow that, don't do it "
    We had a few sheep and goats, not much herding needed, but Misty and her pup would bring them into the barn every night at sundown. Again, no training, they just learned the routine and handled the chore for us.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Quote Originally Posted by labradigger1 View Post
    There is no better gift than a dog! Loyal, living and caring no matter what!
    Oh yeah.
    If you throw the wife or the dog in the trunk of a car for a hour or two--- the dog is always glad and happy to see you.
    The wife, probably not so much.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master
    Been reading this and thinking about getting another dog. Swore I would never do it again, but I do love dogs.

Then I look at the 12"+ of snow I need to clear today and realize the downside. Cleaning up dog doo-doo is not fun.
    Don Verna

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12