RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article on Keith SWC in 1911???

I don't pretend to have all the mechanical wisdom about the 1911 pistol, that some on this thread have. I can tell you, that with a throated barrel and the 452423 seated out, as per my post to DougGuy, the pistol and load will do a grand job at killing White Tail deer at reasonable ranges. I suspect it would put a human down pretty quick with a fair hit. For social purposes, I would trust it more than a JHP.

I do realized the BD and other newer designs with a big meplat and rounded shoulders would probably work as well, but I have no need to buy new molds that will do the same as 452423.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Buddy

The #452423 feeds smoothly in one of my 1911’s, and very rough in another. Feels like pushing a piano down a gravel road.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    I don't pretend to have all the mechanical wisdom about the 1911 pistol, that some on this thread have. I can tell you, that with a throated barrel and the 452423 seated out, as per my post to DougGuy, the pistol and load will do a grand job at killing White Tail deer at reasonable ranges. I suspect it would put a human down pretty quick with a fair hit. For social purposes, I would trust it more than a JHP.

I do realized the BD and other newer designs with a big meplat and rounded shoulders would probably work as well, but I have no need to buy new molds that will do the same as 452423.
    I don't know hardly anything about the guts of a 1911, but what I do know is you can't make statements like "A 1911 can't feed so and so bullet, it just isn't made for it." There is such a wide variety of styles and design changes to the 1911 that you simply can't say it will or wont work. Most of us that shoot newer design 1911's find they have zero issues with hollow point and flat nosed bullets, same as you found. They aren't the same guns that John Browning designed for ball rounds either.

Boolit Grand Master
    I can say certain combinations are much more likely to work reliably. Stray towards blunt and short and things are more likely to go pear shaped.

Boolit Master
    Double Tap offers a 255 grain SWC +P load for the 45 Auto.
    I wonder if they sell any?
    BTW
    Their website says out of stock. That could mean popularity or if they had made one box and it was sold the ammo could then be out of stock after selling that one box.
    How does one interpret "out of stock"? Meaning none left of many boxes due to being popular or one box made and sold due to low sales and near non existent popularity?
    Last edited by 44MAG#1; 12-24-2022 at 12:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12