MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metaverse weirdness

Boolit Master

Metaverse weirdness

So I posted a photo of some .41 Magnum rounds loaded with powder-coated bullets on my FB page. When a friend commented, I replied that I had gotten my powder from Smokes in the vendor section at castboolits.com. You'd think I had put a hit out on the Zuck. The reply was immediately surrounded in red with a big red exclamation point and warnings of some sort of grave violation of something. I am surprised sirens did not sound.
    I tried to edit the reply and could not. I ended up deleting it and rewording it to say I had gotten my powders from Paintball Kingdom. That reply went through.
    Bizarre.

Facebook and Twitter are like real-time experiments about The Allegory of the Cave.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Master

Moderators on Facebook are idiots!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by deltaenterprizes View Post
    Moderators on Facebook are idiots!
    and that's way I don't use facebook anymore.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master
    Censorberg is a DNC lapdog. It doesn't get much more blatant than this:
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/cens...ide-censorship
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master

I am on Facebook for one reason only, Marketplace. I have bought and sold a fair amount of stuff. My profile is private, there are no photos and I have no friends. It's a decent tool but, I certainly don't consider it a social place. I limit that to here.

Boolit Buddy
    I dont have a facebook. It is ok when people use it as it supposed to be. Sadly a lot of people put stuff on there that shouldn't be pertaining to themselves and others including their private lives that shouldn't be aired.

Boolit Grand Master

I use FB to keep in touch with friends and family.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    just exactly what is a meta verse anyway? never did really understand much of that stuff or maybe its just something I have no interest in. way too many people living in some fake or fantasy world with their lives and world consumed with being online in games and alternate reality of some sort. id much rather be outside in the real world that is right out the door in the sun or rain and dirt, rocks, trees , plants and animals, you know the stuff that god put there and we are just temporarily visiting in.

Boolit Grand Master
    Never even looked at it.
    Don't care to.
    Really have no use for it.

Boolit Master

Huh????????????????

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    just exactly what is a meta verse anyway? never did really understand much of that stuff or maybe its just something I have no interest in. way too many people living in some fake or fantasy world with their lives and world consumed with being online in games and alternate reality of some sort. id much rather be outside in the real world that is right out the door in the sun or rain and dirt, rocks, trees , plants and animals, you know the stuff that god put there and we are just temporarily visiting in.
    You and I sir, think exactly alike.

People spend way too much time on social media. Sheeple. Don’t do Facebook. I just do gun forums and the tractor forum and spend hours s day on them. Better than staring at the junk on the boob tube. Just started a part time job to get moving around more. Sitting still will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkenhunter50 View Post
    You and I sir, think exactly alike.
    Yup, I'm with you and Farmbif. Loves me some Hawken too.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Master
    As mentioned selling on the free marketplace is incredible......stuff gone as soon as someone can drive over ............anything left for 10 minutes is never going to sell.......not trinkets either ,20 ton excavators sold in an hour .

Boolit Master
    Hmm. I keep an FB page for family and friends, am a moderator on a page dedicated to the history of Chavez, Lincoln, Eddy and Otero counties in SE New Mexico, and administrator of a page I created -- Friends of Dog Canyon -- to support Oliver Lee State Park near the White Sands. All pretty innocent stuff, and I haven't used marketplace and probably should. I'm on a bunch of firearms-related forums like this one as well. That said, these kinds of forums as well as Facebook are considered by the younger generations to be for old fuds, of which I am one.
    You won't catch me on Tiktok or Twitter though.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    As mentioned selling on the free marketplace is incredible......stuff gone as soon as someone can drive over ............anything left for 10 minutes is never going to sell.......not trinkets either ,20 ton excavators sold in an hour .
    I've used marketplace quite a bit. I kinda weed out under 40 tire kickers, as the young ones tend to be no-shows. Things do sell fast though, and I have got more than asking price several times. I sold my old camper, and some guys got in a bidding war. I ended up with $500 more than I was asking!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    FB for keeping up with family stuff now
    Used to experiment to see what it would take to get banned
    Got my 1,2, 3 ,5, 7, 14 day ban badges; worked up to a month ban hammer
    Kind of fun ( I can be easily entertained)
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger1911 View Post
    FB for keeping up with family stuff now
    Used to experiment to see what it would take to get banned
    Got my 1,2, 3 ,5, 7, 14 day ban badges; worked up to a month ban hammer
    Kind of fun ( I can be easily entertained)
    I can't do that, it's my wife's account. I don't have one, just use her's to see what's for sale.

Does sound like fun though.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I am on Facebook for one reason only, Marketplace. I have bought and sold a fair amount of stuff. My profile is private, there are no photos and I have no friends. It's a decent tool but, I certainly don't consider it a social place. I limit that to here.
    There are 87,000 IRS agents gunning for you courtesy of the RINO's in the latest Omnibus so be careful of that $600 limit
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast