MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: 120 conibear

Boolit Master

120 conibear

Would someone save me a little time and tell me what size of box to build for a 120. That extra spring makes my 110 boxes to small

Boolit Buddy
    My memory of this is vague, but don’t 110s and 120’s have the same jaw width? I thought the difference was that the 120s had a spring on each side of the jaws. Very vaguely I remember seeing photos of 120 boxes with a slot on each side for the springs.

Boolit Master
    true, they need different size boxes though. I usually do my wood working outside in the warmer weather.

Boolit Master
    I use a couple of connibears..must be the 120s you mention as have the double spring thing going on...havent put in a box,just set them in a rabbit run where rabbit has to go through them..poked stick down through gap between jaws in upright position to hold in place....they are surely a very effective trap... couple of bunnies caught nose and bum at same time. they wouldnt have lasted long.

Boolit Buddy

I have built cone shaped boxes with double slots to accommodate the springs, I can get a measurement for you latter after Christmas activities. I have also used corrugated plastic sheeting and folded it up to make boxes (use 1/4" mesh as a bottom/back and tie straps to hold it together. I thought that they would fit in a newspaper box opening but then maybe not.

I live in the Lynx zone of N. MN; lots of rules about the use of Conibears. You cannot use anything above a 220 on land and it must be in a cubby with a restricted opening and cover. 110/120 can be used on a tree set but must be 6' up a tree no larger then 6" in diameter. We can use 330's for water sets as long as they are 3/4 submerged.
    USN 86-92
    USAR 96-2013 Retired.
    CW3 USAR - 919A "Maintenance is our Passion"

Boolit Master
    Thanks, it looks like an opening 7.5 to 8 inches is going to be the sweet spot.