Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Advice

I hear lots of advice given in public restaurants and refuse to get drawn into a debate especially when it comes to gun related issues. I didn't live this long by being drawn into other people's conversations without being asked first. I do however listen a lot while going about my business, live longer that way.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    idk whats worse..a idiot or a know it all who feels the need to get between a father and son

Boolit Master
    Im lucky in that respect....I can hardly hear anything spoken in a noisy setting,couldnt even hear the parties two houses down that the other residents wanted me to join a complaint about.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    That's a lot of detail regarding an eavesdropped converstion..... Holy cow, your wife must be a bit more forgiving than mine! I'd be in deep **** paying that much attention to someone else's table whilst having my bride out for a meal......
    I have seen my wife and her sister shsssss each other so they could hear the next booth or table, yea they got it bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    You are taking yourself and your resume far to seriously.
    Now THERE is the best answer in this whole thread.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    I look at this post the same as the jack —ss that thinks he has to wear his handgun on his thigh in public. I learned to loath and disagree with a smile on my face! Kinda feels better to me and sure is a lot less hassle.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Master
    Father talking to a 12 year old about self defense with a firearm,first off what planet is the father from talking to his kid about the use of a firearm in self defense he's 12 years old its the least of his concerns. If dad is telling the kid this subject as far as the law goes right or wrong info the father has a few screws loose. Kids have enough to worry about as is never mind the subject of "self defense "

Discretion is the better part of valor and discretion has a lot to do with being right about anything.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Handloader109 View Post
    Best just keep your opinions to yourself. You won't ever change a guys mind by interjecting yourself into his conversation. Just don't, and I don't care about your training. It won't matter an iota

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    And those are the kind of people “won’t ever change a guys mind” that create a lot of the problems with the world today. Those that have no will to learn new things or methods. If a GROWN “man” can’t accept that he is wrong and be willing to listen to someone that may be more knowledgeable in the subject at hand then he needs to re think some things. If I am wrong in something I tell my son and someone else over hears it and corrects me, the most important lesson of my sons life may be taught and learned in that exact moment. If you are wrong own up to it, admit it, learn the correct information, and move on!
    The worst thing a man can teach his son is to not admit when he is wrong and learn how to correct the situation of knowledge.

Boolit Master
    I agree with the crowd that says you just cant fix stupid. I mind my own business and let others say and do whatever they will as long as it doesnt cause me or anyone I care about any harm, inconvenience or loss.

this is exactly why the NRA should spend more time and money promoting and producing youth and adult educational safety and shooting programs. who knows where the next olympic gold medal shooting champion may come from but if there were more youth shooting programs there would be better odds that USA would bring home more gold. and maybe fewer kids doing stupid things with guns.
    didn't mean to get this sidetracked but today I spent some time thinking about my old mentor, Marvin Williamson, when I was was much younger, he was a coach to the olympic trap and skeet shooters and I have more respect for that man than most anyone else I ever met in my life. I was lucky to have known him and being a helper in his gunsmith shop put me on a good path though my life.
    Last edited by farmbif; 12-16-2022 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danmat View Post
    I have seen my wife and her sister shsssss each other so they could hear the next booth or table, yea they got it bad.
    The old folks used to call that "rubber necking".
    My mom called it "being newsy".

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    The old folks used to call that "rubber necking".
    My mom called it "being newsy".
    Another was, "I don't gossip,,,,, so I'm only going yo tell you this once".
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    We were not wanting to hear the dad but he had one of the very high voices you could here over a room of a 100 people all going full bore. We ate as quick as we could as it was irritating and neither one of us wanted to say anything to the guy. They were not setting anyone around them when we left. We were already seated when they were seated. The cost of eating out I was not getting up till I finished. Normally we don't hear the people around us.

Boolit Buddy
    Karens and Kens, no need to join their ranks. Overhearing a "conversation" from another table is distracting from the food on your table. Call the server and ask to be moved because of .....
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Master
    These days it just isn't worth it to express disagreement with a stranger, especially when they're not speaking or interacting with you in any way. Maybe the kid will be smart enough to learn on his own and develop a better approach to life in general.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    Its none of your business what people at the next table are discussing.
    Thank You

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    Sadly,, you just can't fix stupid, (as noted above.) But if I'm in a public place,, & were to overhear something like that,, I'd have to POLITELY interject myself.
    I'd POLITELY say; "Excuse me,, but as a Firearm Instructor, and a holder of a CCW,, I think you are mistaken about the legal issues concerning the use of deadly force."
    Then,, hopefully,, from there, we'd enjoy a productive conversation about deadly force.
    This wouldn't go at all like you imagine. He'd probably tell you to STFU and mind your own business...Which is actually pretty sound advice.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ulav8r View Post
    I had a situation a few years back while eating lunch. A nearby table had a state trooper, 2 or three county deputies and at least one out of stater. The out of stater asked about Arkansas's new law that "allowed" open carry as I walked by on my way to the restroom. At that time Arkansas's Attorney General had stated that the new law "might" pass a court review if challenged. So, as I walked by I interjected that the law might allow open carry, but that Arkansas's legislators were incapable of writing a clearly worded law that stated their exact intent. My bladder did not allow me to linger or offer any further opinion.
    Ages ago a local Circuit Judge told me to tell folks if I was not sure of the law on a certain subject at that time to "tell 'em the law is kind of fluid on that matter right now". I have used that regularly over the last 46 years.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12