Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: warmest mittens

Boolit Master

warmest mittens

I've lived in cold weather for my entire life, but already this year, due to meds that I'm on, I cannot get my hands warm, and it's not even winter yet. I usually use the chemical hand warmer packs but I need something nuclear. I don't hunt, but I hike and snowshoe. I'm thinking down filled, maybe even fur.
    Any suggestions?

Boolit Master
    Leather choppers with gauntlets along with wool liners. Then you can throw in a body warmer packet if needed. I have the same problem with meds. This is what I use. Drove dogs for many years and this works.

Boolit Buddy
    There are some decent electric ones with rechargeable battery packs.

I am not on any meds and my hands and feet are always cold.
    I wear gloves inside of leather mittens with hand warmer packs in the palms when I blow snow and my fingers still get cold but not to the point of hurting.
    I got chemical toe warmers for my boots.
    Fortunately, I have not had to move any snow so far this winter.

Boolit Master
    "Heated Mittens Gloves for Men Women,Rechargeable 5000mAh Electric Battery Heated Gloves, Waterproof Ski Gloves, Thermal Touchscreen Gloves for Skiing Skating Hiking Snow Motorcycle" $70

【2022 UPGRADE HEATING GLOVES】7.4V 2500mAh high capacity Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries , easily adjust the 3 temperature (High, Medium, Low) settings and work up to 7 hours(full charged), more safe more capacity than other batteries on the market and more comfortable to wear, especially good for Raynaud's disease, Arthritis, Bad Circulation.
    ����【LONG LASTING & FAST HEATED】Red LED Light is high setting (140℉/ 2.5-3.5hours), Blue LED Light is medium setting (131℉/ 3.5-5hours), Green LED Light is low setting (113℉/ 7hours). The back and fingers of the gloves are covered with heating elements, Press and hold for three seconds can turn on the switch, Fast heating takes only 30 seconds to warm your entire hands.
    ����【WATERPROOF & WINDPROOF】Heated gloves are made of soft PU leather and waterproof polyester fiber, the inside with breathable comfort 3M cotton, including waterproof& windproof layer, heating layer, warm layer. waterproof and anti-slip, durable and breathable, keep your hands warm. Suitable for Motorcycle, Hiking, Snowboarding Outdoor Winter Sport.
    ����【TOUCHSCREEN DESIGN】The heated ski gloves have screen touch function, coated with conductive leather on thumb, available to use electric devices like tablets, mobile phones, and LCD car screens without taking off heated gloves. Ergonomic design with adjustable wrist strap, toggle drawstring and reflective strip.
    ����【WHAT YOU GET】1 pair of Heated Gloves, 1pcs gift box, 2pcs 7.4V 2500mAh batteries, 1pcs DC charging, and user manual. We offer a 12-month warranty. Winter heated ski gloves are an excellent practical gift for men women, family , lover or friends!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    I am not on any meds and my hands and feet are always cold.
    I wear gloves inside of leather mittens with hand warmer packs in the palms when I blow snow and my fingers still get cold but not to the point of hurting.
    I got chemical toe warmers for my boots.
    Fortunately, I have not had to move any snow so far this winter.
    Try propylene glove liners on hands first, keeps hands dry...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NyFirefighter357 View Post
    "Heated Mittens Gloves for Men Women,Rechargeable 5000mAh Electric Battery Heated Gloves, Waterproof Ski Gloves, Thermal Touchscreen Gloves for Skiing Skating Hiking Snow Motorcycle" $70

【2022 UPGRADE HEATING GLOVES】7.4V 2500mAh high capacity Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries , easily adjust the 3 temperature (High, Medium, Low) settings and work up to 7 hours(full charged), more safe more capacity than other batteries on the market and more comfortable to wear, especially good for Raynaud's disease, Arthritis, Bad Circulation.
    ����【LONG LASTING & FAST HEATED】Red LED Light is high setting (140℉/ 2.5-3.5hours), Blue LED Light is medium setting (131℉/ 3.5-5hours), Green LED Light is low setting (113℉/ 7hours). The back and fingers of the gloves are covered with heating elements, Press and hold for three seconds can turn on the switch, Fast heating takes only 30 seconds to warm your entire hands.
    ����【WATERPROOF & WINDPROOF】Heated gloves are made of soft PU leather and waterproof polyester fiber, the inside with breathable comfort 3M cotton, including waterproof& windproof layer, heating layer, warm layer. waterproof and anti-slip, durable and breathable, keep your hands warm. Suitable for Motorcycle, Hiking, Snowboarding Outdoor Winter Sport.
    ����【TOUCHSCREEN DESIGN】The heated ski gloves have screen touch function, coated with conductive leather on thumb, available to use electric devices like tablets, mobile phones, and LCD car screens without taking off heated gloves. Ergonomic design with adjustable wrist strap, toggle drawstring and reflective strip.
    ����【WHAT YOU GET】1 pair of Heated Gloves, 1pcs gift box, 2pcs 7.4V 2500mAh batteries, 1pcs DC charging, and user manual. We offer a 12-month warranty. Winter heated ski gloves are an excellent practical gift for men women, family , lover or friends!
    How much ?? Where to get ??? How heavy ??

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    I had checked out the battery heated gloves on Amazon and they are interesting. I also found a site that sells fur gloves (coyote, beaver, etc). Pricey but I'll bet they're warm.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BLAHUT View Post
    Leather choppers with gauntlets along with wool liners. Then you can throw in a body warmer packet if needed. I have the same problem with meds. This is what I use. Drove dogs for many years and this works.
    I agree there. 25+ years of fire service in New England thank God for wool mittens. They got wet every fire, grew in length a lot but kept hands warm and no frostbite on the fireground.

Boolit Master
    Leather choppers with gauntlets along with wool liners...
    Might sound dumb, but what are the gauntlets?

Ah...the extra piece on the wrist.
    Last edited by Battis; 12-11-2022 at 09:50 PM.

Boolit Buddy

Back to 1st post, Leather chopper mitts and wool liners. Poly liner optional, GW

Boolit Grand Master

I've never tried down mittens so I can't comment on those. My "nuclear option" mittens for when I'm sitting on a cold stand are the surplus N4B mittens, and I like a wool rag glove with those. The problem is they are a rather loose fit unless you cinch them down. That is with the poly liner in them, which I prefer so I can get them off quick and quietly to shoot. You can get them with a wool liner which may stay on your hand better.

Boolit Buddy
    https://voltheat.com/collections/heated-gloves

I haven't tried their gloves but have one of their vests and jackets. They work well.

Boolit Master

Several years ago I got a pair of heated gloves for my snowblowing. They are from Western Store.com. Do not buy these gloves from them. The instructions are very much like the ones posted by NYfirefighter. NYfirefighter's but his sounds much better than mine. Mine tell you that when you first put them on, they will heat up to 55-60 degrees Celsius for a while then automatically switch to medium 45-55 degrees Celsius. And it goes down from there. They cost at that time was about 80 dollars. And they are not worth any bit of it. The batteries are rated about half of the batteries in NYfirefighter's gloves. Again, don't buy from Western Store.com!
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master
    I just found a pair of Kinco leather mittens in "the stash" (might be my son's) with a long wrist. They're lined in fleece but maybe I can bubba them with a wool lining. Down filled might be a choice. Whatever happened to global warming?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    I just found a pair of Kinco leather mittens in "the stash" (might be my son's) with a long wrist. They're lined in fleece but maybe I can bubba them with a wool lining. Down filled might be a choice. Whatever happened to global warming?
    Down only works if not compressed, Down only works when dry.....Wool with a poly liner inside a leather chopper with gantlets...

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I use an old pair that are almost worn out by guide gear. Have had them for 30 years. They are rag wool with pop tops and thumb pop tops. I stick heat pack in the finger pop tops when really cold. Mine are brown. Don’t think anyone makes the exact ones but I see various versions are available about every where I look. I need bare fingers when I pull the trigger and they open up to expose them instantly when needed. Looks like “heat factory” gloves closely resemble mine. I can say the thumb slit I’m not a fan of. If my exposed thumb is resting on my gun barrel it gets cold real quick. Probably don’t need the thumb “pop” slit option.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 12-11-2022 at 11:41 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Twenty-five years ago I kept horses near Fairbanks, Alaska. What with feed, water and other chores I was outside doing moderate labor for about two hours a night in winter. I have never been able work effectively wearing mittens, so during the spells of extreme cold (-40F and below) my hands turned numb after a half hour or so. My feet also because I worn rubber bottom Sorels with wool liners, due to muck inside the stable, which in those days kept my feet warm for less than an hour. The solution, which I emphatically do not recommend, was to duct tape chemical hand warmers on top of the cuffs of my long Johns, positioned directly over the blood vessels in my wrists. Directly over the femoral arteries for the feet. It also had a whole body effect. Probably very stupid in retrospect, but it worked for me at the time.

Tool companies like Dewalt & milwaukee offer nice battery heated jackets and some of them can be connected to heated gloves. You could even get a power adapter with the right voltage and just run them off the grid like a heated blanket.
    Last edited by deces; 12-12-2022 at 12:31 AM.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast