RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Lee Precision!!!!!!!

Boolit Buddy

Lee Precision!!!!!!!

A couple weeks ago I ordered a custom case trimmer pilot and shellholder.Just got today . The pilot diameter is. .495”!!!!!!!! Thirty dollars for the wrong size. For a 475 Linebaugh .
    I will be calling on Monday!

BigboreShooter
    Last edited by BigboreShooter; 11-12-2022 at 02:48 PM. Reason: More info

good luck - after my recent horrible experience with their totally incompetent customer service reps after over 3 decades i will never by another Lee product - they should take some lessons from RCBS - many will disagree with me but many have had very bad experiences lately -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

I called to complain about a mould. I wanted it replaced because it dropped undersized. Well, the guy I talked to should be working at the dmv. Well, that’s really an insult to the dmv, which is staffed by knowledgeable and helpful, and very nice ladies around here. I ended up getting the seller to replace it since lee estimated it to be a couple months before they had one to send me. The new one is undersized too. Ya pay your nickel, ya take your chance with lee.

Boolit Buddy
    Follow up, Called Lee this morning. No problem, they’d ship another one.

BigboreShooter

Thing I don't understand about Lee's web site. Went to buy some parts from their web site. Went to check out site informed me they were free replacements.

As I went to check out I got a message. Something about unable to ship to my state ( Ohio ). It wasn't a one time thing. I finally gave up and just purchased elsewhere. Whatever the part was I had a heck of a time finding it. Which is why I went to their site in first place.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hays47 View Post
    Thing I don't understand about Lee's web site. Went to buy some parts from their web site. Went to check out site informed me they were free replacements.

As I went to check out I got a message. Something about unable to ship to my state ( Ohio ). It wasn't a one time thing. I finally gave up and just purchased elsewhere. Whatever the part was I had a heck of a time finding it. Which is why I went to their site in first place.
    It’s probably due to issues with your state’s sales tax requirements. I know they won’t deal directly with some states because of this, not sure of the particular reasons, probably varies by state.

Boolit Buddy
    FYI ,
    Received the replacement today!
    Very Happy
    BigBoreShooter

I had trouble with lee on a few molds not dropping what i was told they drop i think they use dead soft lead

i can cast with (old lee) molds and lyman senco muller rcbs or some other home made ones and the drop the same no mater the mix
    the new LEE all drop under size and light old 200g same mold new 294.g

the sizing dies are dead on

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
    It’s probably due to issues with your state’s sales tax requirements. I know they won’t deal directly with some states because of this, not sure of the particular reasons, probably varies by state.
    I agree there is something like that going on. BUT if you call them they are happy to take care of you, has worked fine for me several times when I needed/wanted to order stuff.

They generally try to steer you to Titan or FS reloading but sometimes what you need is not something they stock. Quick phone call works wonders.
    Both ends WHAT a player

Boolit Buddy
    Retirements are making it hard to staff. You can't hire someone with reloading knowledge. It takes time. Being nice to them does wonders.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Hays47 View Post

Same thing here in West Virginia. It's something to do with WV sales tax.

Brenda at Lee Customer Service moved what I needed to their eBay store for reduced cost and shipping.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Gun View Post
    I had trouble with lee on a few molds not dropping what i was told they drop i think they use dead soft lead

i can cast with (old lee) molds and lyman senco muller rcbs or some other home made ones and the drop the same no mater the mix
    the new LEE all drop under size and light old 200g same mold new 294.g

the sizing dies are dead on
    Hey Tex, I find that pure lead casts undersized bullets unless the mould is designed specifically for it. If your alloy is producing undersized bullets that’s probably not the reason. I think one of your weights must be a typo… I could see a mould that drops lead rich alloy bullets at 200 gr producing bullets that have higher lead and tin content with a weight of 194 grains.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Hey Tex, ... I think one of your weights must be a typo… I could see a mould that drops lead rich alloy bullets at 200 gr producing bullets that have higher lead and tin content with a weight of 194 grains.
    I think such trivial cast boolit weight differences are too small to matter in the real world.