RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: Advice on 300 Blackout

Banned

Advice on 300 Blackout

I’m thinking about putting together an AR pistol in 300 blackout. Been researching for a while and it seems more questions come up with every one answered. I want a short barrel, probably 7-8” range. I plan to suppress it, though I haven’t chosen a can yet. I will be casting boolits for it, haven’t chosen a mold yet.
    I have read that some have trouble with cast boolits in a short barrel getting action to cycle. Is this something I should worry about?
    Boolits will be PCed. What molds have people had the most success with?

Boolit Master

If you can find one of these it has worked great for me. MIHEC 300 Blackout 311-230 GRN. It is a bore rider design and that really helps eliminate chambering issues. This was a group buy mold, but may be available on his website.

Boolit Bub
    The noe blackout bullets, between 230 and 250 if i remember right have worked well in a number of pistols ive seen. All had pistol length gas. 1680, lil gun, and cfe blk all ran very nice with or without adjustable gas. I will say the cfeblk was loud, but man it would run them even at like 600 fps lol. Very gassy and easy to get cycling.