RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: You Sure Missed a Good Funeral!

Boolit Master

You Sure Missed a Good Funeral!

You probably don't hear that one very often!

Recently a dear friend passed away. She was 86, a pillar of the community, an art teacher, photographer, foster parent, and so much more. Above all else she loved Jesus! Her love of Christ sprang forth in the way she loved people! Not a lip service love mind you, but a get in the trenches and get dirty love! Fostered over 80 children in her home just for a start! The love of God shown through her! I don't have time to tell of all the good she did to and for addicts and down trodden.

She was a teacher when I was in school, but I never had her as a teacher. I was an aggie and no art student after all, and those artsy people are just weird! As fate would have it we became closely acquainted as part of the same group that met on Tuesday night. Later we became neighbors in town. I moved to the country 7 years ago, but as her health declined due to age and fights with cancer I began picking her up for our meetings. She was a prayer warrior for me, and I'm sure many more. She had been telling me, "I'm ready to go home, but don't tell my family, it freaks them out.",since she turned 82.

At the funeral we celebrated a sister called home! One who kept the faith, fought a good fight, ran the race! We sang at the top of our lungs! We laughed at family and church stories, we shed a few tears. We listened to words of encouragement. One story in particular that will stick with me, was the preacher telling about interviewing for his position with the whole congregation, when this elderly lady stood up and asked, how much do you love Jesus? How do you answer that, he said.
    She showed that answer in a life lived in love!

You missed a good funeral!

GREAT POST!!! Great lady, and sister in Christ. "Death, where is your sting?" Sounds like any tears for her will be tears of joy. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master
    Yes; talk is cheap.... To do, every day, shows what you are made of ..... Do for the pleasure of giving, not for the recognition .... Love runs deep .....

It was not by accident that the Lord called us to be workers in the vineyard. Praise God for this woman who lived a good and faithful life!

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Thanks T-stick. What a great inspiration. "Well done good and faithful servant."
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

May she Rest In Peace ! Sounds like a great celebration of a great life.

Moderator Emeritus

What a wonderful account of a wonderful lady....may she rest safely in God's loving arms!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Amen, I love this post.

Boolit Master

May we all have one like that some day.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle