MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pteranodon thighs

Quote Originally Posted by Hometek View Post
    What's also very interesting about brown layer hens that are raised commercially. If they are taken care of and look nice at the end of 100 weeks, there are groups of people, most of the population of the world actually, that prefer the taste and texture of layer hens for soup. And pay upwards of 8-15$ per bird. Spanish speaking peoples call it sopa de gallina, the French coq au vin, the Chinese dùnjītāng lǎomǔjī, Americans just call it chicken bullion. We add it to soup to help out the bland tasting chicken we buy from Krogers ect. The disconnect of the average American from the origin of the food they consume is frightening.
    Again, exactly why we buy from local farms - 18+ chickens/year and Texas Longhorn Burger and stew meat. Usually 50lbs a pop at $7/lb.
    You pay more, yes, but the food is better.
    PLUS a 35x35 garden to put veggies into canning and vacuum sealed freezing.
    3 freezers and a generator with 50 gallons of backup gas.
    Just being prepared, that's all.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Yes. The problem with the chicken and turkeys is that there is no one to slaughter them when needed so they were held over getting bigger. I talked to someone at a turkey grower last year about that.
    That makes a lot of sense since the Fauci virus hysteria. We, too, occasionally split a thigh for dinner when they get "pteranodon size". This reminds me that I need to get out duck hunting for some real flavor.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I wish Popeyes would get some of these large chickens. It seems their drumsticks and thighs are much smaller lately, but priced the same.
    Yeah but those sandwiches are so good
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    The ones I get from Costco are about the same size as they have always been only the price is bigger...

Tony
    Hi, my name is Tony and I'm addicted to gunpowder.

AKA Geezerbiker

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Yeah but those sandwiches are so good
    They are good, not hysteria good, but good.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master
    Interesting remarks about the size of chickens...
    Wish KFC could find some of those huge chickens, it seems like the pieces they serve get smaller and smaller and the prices get higher and higher.
    Pretty much given up on buying anymore KFC...just no value for what it costs.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 375supermag View Post
    Interesting remarks about the size of chickens...
    Wish KFC could find some of those huge chickens, it seems like the pieces they serve get smaller and smaller and the prices get higher and higher.
    Pretty much given up on buying anymore KFC...just no value for what it costs.
    It is the high price of oil that has increased KFC costs. One could run a diesel engine on some of the oil dripped from KFC finished offerings.
    My last A&W sausage and egger on an english muffin had about a tablespoon of grease drip out of it.
    I have stopped eating deep fried fast food mostly because the deep fryer oil isn't kept hot enough to seal the coating before the oil saturates the coating.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12