Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Shot and sighted in a CVA Hunter single shot in .444 Marlin, range report.

Boolit Master

Shot and sighted in a CVA Hunter single shot in .444 Marlin, range report.

Guy had me to mount a Hawke 4x12x40mm scope on it and zero it. He had gotten the rifle and ammo for $240. Scope was bought used for $75. I mounted it, tightened everything up good and we went outside to my bench. Took six shots to zero at 100 yds, 6th shot hit right where I had the crosshairs. We were shooting Rem corelokts 260gr. I held on the bullet hole,and the next 2 shots tore the bullet hole out to about .750, then I tried to shots with some Leverlutions by Hornady w flextips and the same weight. To my suprise the two shots cut the hole out started by the other 3 into a 5 shot hole, outside to outside, of about 1.250. For a economy rifle, and a mid range economy scope, shooting factory ammo, I was amazed. I shot a .243 last year that shot that good, but I was not expecting that out the .444. The rifle has a dang good trigger, #3 and crisp, the barrel is floated, and has a 26" barrel I believe. It also has a very nice recoil pad, that worked very well and though it was quite lively, wanting to bounce around a lot, the recoil was not painful. I posted a while back about having a CVA Cascade bolt action and how good it shot with factory and handloaded ammo. CVA has gotten their barrel making down to a art, thanks to Ed Shilen for setting them up a barrel making factory, same one Bergara barrels are made in. Just thought I would share, these rifles are a good value for the money, not pretty, but dang good shooting rifles.

I have a pair of them chambered in 44 Magnum and 35 Remington. I am thinking of getting one in 300 Blackout next. If they offered one in 357 Magnum I would probably get several as gifts I like them that much.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Buddy
    i'm thinking of picking up either the 450BM or the 350L. my local shop has one of each in (the scout v2 TD version). I just got a 44mag one put together.

Boolit Master
    I am thinking about one in .300BO

I have the BO scout 2, works great. If you can find 357/max, should be great too.
    Whatever!

I keep thinking about their single shot pistol in .243 Winchester.....
    This doesn't help.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk