RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E15 gas

Boolit Master

E15 gas

check this out---- warning about E15 gas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceW9Nc1hVHU
    Rich or poor, it's good to have money.

Boolit Master
    Here we go again.

Boolit Master
    A 10 year old video is the best you could come up with?

Boolit Master
    See ? if you did as biden said and bought a battery car you wouldn't have this problem ???
    Although you will not be able to charge it and if you can, you will not be able to travel very far????
    Time to get a horse or better yet a sled and a sled dog team ???
    At least then you will be able to get to where you want to go ???

Boolit Grand Master

Wait ... what the heck happened ... I thought growing corn and making ethanol to run cars was going to save the Planet from Global warming / Climate Change ...
    I even had a Chevy that would run on the stuff ... got all ready for saving the world and now they throw all that technology and promised clean energy that under the bus and say ...Battery Power .
    Wake up fools ... we no longer are allowed to mine lead to make batteries with ...
    Who we gonna buy batteries from our friends the Chinese ... Yeah Right that's going to work just fine .
    We need to just produce our own danged oil !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

This is perfect example of the government getting their fingers on a perfectly good product. They CAN'T do ANYTHING RIGHT!!!!!!!!
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Moderator Emeritus

I just filled my 2008 Toyota with E30
    Only $3.25 at the Co-op yesterday.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    a good pair of mules might be a wise investment. dont have to worry about gas or computer chips.

Boolit Grand Master

Just another lie by the goobermint!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I just filled my 2008 Toyota with E30
    Only $3.25 at the Co-op yesterday.
    I don't know what E-10 is in your neck of the woods, but it is 3.299 here. I don't see E-30 at 3.25 as a bargain. What is the advantage for you?

Boolit Master

Years ago we had a 2nd hand VW Rabbit that got 52 miles (measured multiple times) to the gallon of diesel. (My wife ignored the yellow dash light and warped the head on that one).

Back in the early 1970's my dad had a friend who had a Chevy Suburban that got 26 miles to the gallon. Dad challenged the validity of the gas mileage and we all went hunting one weekend - filled it to the top, wrote the start and end mileage down, refilled it to the top again and it was getting 26 miles to the Gallon.

Back in the mid 1970's I had a Chevy Impala with a 427 engine. Measured and validated numerous times - I got 27 MPG out of it (as long as I keep my foot out of the Holly 4 Barrel Carb and only used the two smaller input and not the Big 2 Barrels).

My point - We (I guess more appropriately - I) have watched 50 or so years pass and the mileage for vehicles remains the same or in many cases less (Including different class sizes) than it was "Back When". What has changed - why the federal government advocating this/that/or the other; to hell with science and measurements such as Energy units per weight (i.e. BTU's of a product); or energy loss conversions such as occurs when converting Electricity to Battery Storage and then converting to propulsion; or conversion of one energy form into another (such as hydrogen). The politicians and bureaucrats mouths are moving - don't believe any of it.
    Last edited by MUSTANG; 10-28-2022 at 05:08 PM.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Angry

Lead batteries are a thing of the past
    Lithium will save the world, do your laundry and.?.?.........seems like there was a lot of that and a bunch of other resources of value in the sandbox Biden surrendered to the taliban
    A college professor calculated that 3 times as much energy was consumed to manufacture ethanol compared to the energy ethanol would produce, pretty good return on investment according to demonrats profiting from the process

Boolit Buddy
    Ethanol can have it's place. However, the mandate that for fuel use it has to come from corn only is pretty stupid. I did research in the mid 1970's and it showed that ethanol could be easily made from grain dust. Grain dust is created at all grain elevators every time that grain is loaded, unloaded or moved within the elevator. Larger elevators collect the dust and store it separately in a distinct bin or bins. When they offload grain to a flour mill or other customer they meter in a certain amount of grain dust - after all they did pay for it. The end customer then has to re-clean the grain prior to use. In any case, grain dust is composed of pretty much the same components as the grain it came from, with only a slightly higher ash content. For making alcohol it doesn't need to be ground. If grain dust was utilized to make alcohol there would be some potential cost savings in processing as well as utilizing what is now considered a nuisance product. The "residue" left after alcohol production is considered as "distillers spent grains" and sold as animal feed, which could still apply using grain dust. Rant off...

Boolit Grand Master

I can tell you that 2 of our vehicles that are new enough to run on E15 do not like it at all. Sets the engine light off every time
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    Years ago we had a 2nd hand VW Rabbit that got 52 miles (measured multiple times) to the gallon of diesel. (My wife ignored the yellow dash light and warped the head on that one).

Back in the early 1970's my dad had a friend who had a Chevy Suburban that got 26 miles to the gallon. Dad challenged the validity of the gas mileage and we all went hunting one weekend - filled it to the top, wrote the start and end mileage down, refilled it to the top again and it was getting 26 miles to the Gallon.

Back in the mid 1970's I had a Chevy Impala with a 427 engine. Measured and validated numerous times - I got 27 MPG out of it (as long as I keep my foot out of the Holly 4 Barrel Carb and only used the two smaller input and not the Big 2 Barrels).

My point - We (I guess more appropriately - I) have watched 50 or so years pass and the mileage for vehicles remains the same or in many cases less (Including different class sizes) than it was "Back When". What has changed - why the federal government advocating this/that/or the other; to hell with science and measurements such as Energy units per weight (i.e. BTU's of a product); or energy loss conversions such as occurs when converting Electricity to Battery Storage and then converting to propulsion; or conversion of one energy form into another (such as hydrogen). The politicians and bureaucrats mouths are moving - don't believe any of it.
    Wow. I had a 1972 Caprice with a 402 4 Barrel and it did not get that mileage but set the cruise on 85 and adjust the 6 way power bench seats it was like floating down the highway in your living room.
    Wish i had that car back but my friend sold the engine to someone when i was deployed who worked on it then dropped it into a Chevelle.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Quote Originally Posted by BLAHUT View Post
    See ? if you did as biden said and bought a battery car you wouldn't have this problem ???
    Although you will not be able to charge it and if you can, you will not be able to travel very far????
    Time to get a horse or better yet a sled and a sled dog team ???
    At least then you will be able to get to where you want to go ???
    And...You will have some swell pets to boot!

Boolit Grand Master

Mules... They will be banned due to their "personal Gas problem".
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    the energy and security act that was also used to boost rural economies in places like Minnesota by producing ethanol from corn was signed into law by president Bush. this was the official push to permanently add ethanol to the nations gasoline stock. but you look back at the actual history Henry Ford first ran his model T's on ethanol.

Boolit Master

You can make good power on alcohol but it takes a lot of it. Bigger jets or injectors and it will take a lot of squeeze without detonation, great with a supercharger. Just not very efficient.

Boolit Master

That Add Is Fake News! Bunk!!
    If liars pants really did catch on fire, watching the news would be a lot more fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast