RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Jack First, still the Fastest

Boolit Master

Jack First, still the Fastest

I placed an order for Colt Revolver parts at 11:30 and had tracking at 2:20.

My last order was some time before 2017 when Jack was still alive and everything was in paper catalogues. The sales lady knew exactly what I was asking for so I never got the catalogues. The receipts were hand written. Now all the parts are listed online and you just add items to your cart.

Jack started in California and bugged out in the 90s. I still hear stories of the move. I'm happy they are still going strong!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    Thank you.
    Glad to see you are happy with them.
    And you reminded me of another place to check if they have some parts for a Cooey that I am trying to repair.

I've got a set of the early catalogs, 2 volumes, black paperback covers. They've come in handy for parts and assembly references more than once. They seem to be making replica parts now for some firearms, and all that I've ordered have been satisfactory.

DG

Boolit Buddy
    I've ordered from them multiple times for 1877 Colt parts. I've found their parts and service to be exceptional and would highly recommend them.

They've always been right on for me tool.
    And the parts are always great quality

Just read a post on another site about great service from Jack First.

Boolit Master
    48 hours 50 minutes from order to delivery in california. And because without pictures it didn't happen:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JackFirst.jpg  
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    I used to stop at his store (called “The Gun Shop”) in Lancaster on the way back from gun show trips to LA. All kinds of Cool Stuff for sale there. I found my Stevens Buckhorn .25 RF and my .236 Lee Navy Rifle there on the same day, and they had a Remainder table full of reloading stuff and small parts that was always interesting to rummage through.

The place is still there, under new management, of course. Still had the (by then) (very) occasional treasure before I left California, but not like it was when Jack ran the place.

His catalog was a very good reference, with lots of exploded drawings and other data.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Bent Ramrod View Post
    I used to stop at his store (called “The Gun Shop”) in Lancaster on the way back from gun show trips to LA. All kinds of Cool Stuff for sale there. I found my Stevens Buckhorn .25 RF and my .236 Lee Navy Rifle there on the same day, and they had a Remainder table full of reloading stuff and small parts that was always interesting to rummage through.

The place is still there, under new management, of course. Still had the (by then) (very) occasional treasure before I left California, but not like it was when Jack ran the place.

His catalog was a very good reference, with lots of exploded drawings and other data.
    Brought a pistol from Jack First around 1980, right after I moved into the area. The Gun Shop is still in the same location today. Thankfully, it hasn't changed much on the inside. The discount table by the front door is always my first stop when I walk in. I picked up 1,000 gas checks there for cheap as well as lots of j-word bullets. Somehow, even today, they manage to always have some powder and primers in stock.
    “If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan