Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suprised dad

Suprised dad

Little update on my surprise for the old man.

For y'all who don't know he's wanted a .22mag something fierce for the better part of a year now ( really ,he's want one for a while but really been on it this year). Well I was going to get him one for fathers day but couldn't find one or even order one from anyone within 200miles ! Well father's day passed but about two or three months ago I was scrounging around and happend to find a fine little Marin 925 ! The place lets you do layway payments so I've been paying $20 here $50 there . Well got it down to $80 and was going to buy it work it over and give to to him for Christmas or something but the other day he called me after blowing my phone with txts about rifled he'd like me to be on the look out for.

Asked me me if I saw is txt and was talking about how much he wanted one ( he works a average schedule and can't make it to most of the places that sell guns unless he gets up really early in the weekends, I work nights though so I'm visiting them weekly lol ). Well I tell him " Tell ya what dad ,what if I said I knew where a nice one was at for only $100 ?! Scope, magazine, just needs a sling and a good cleaning."Well that was Thursday and I convinced him to come with me to town Saturday morning to just look at it .

Well today I dragged him up to the pawn shop and he was being cranky old man as usual lol .Well get him up to the pawn shop and he was asking which one it is all , had to give a few winks and nods to the employees to keep them from spilling the beans early .Usually I walk in and they as me which one I'm her to pay for it but this time . Yes I have a problem when it comes to buying guns what can I say lol. Well he actually taught a few of them along with some of the guys in the store shopping so talking to them while we waited for I'm a little less grumpy and more in a joking mood. Well finally they bring it out and hand it to him right. Before I could ask him what he thought he was shouldering going
    " O yeah ! This is it ! I want it !"

Littlery eveyone on the gun side of the shop was grinning ear to ear then he looked a lil confused though and asked why they had it in the back then looked at the tag and said " hay this isnt only $100 like you said !"Eveyone started laughing and I told him I'd been paying on it for the last three months, and since he doesn't really like gifts there's only $80 left on it so he can pay that little bit off and it's his !

Well didn't get the picture of his face when we broke that new to him but it was priceless ! I had to take him all over town with me while I run errands and man he's been bragging about it all day to any and everyone lol.

Not to mention he was able to play around with a bunch of guns seeing what he wanted next.... Along with putting another gun he wanted on layway ( CVA 45-70 break action) so now I gotta get ready to load and cast for that thing lol. Honestly though I was gonna have to pour some cold water on him to calm him down a little

Excuse his poor trigger control he was an officer they ain't too bright somtimes )

Will say though I don't know how to feel now because had to go to by work to shop a little and ended up seeing a bunch of my friends and managers and they all just kept saying " that's your dad ? .....yep it all makes sense now" All in all good day !

Now hes got me about to weld up some target stands so he can plink lol !

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wolfdog91; 10-22-2022 at 11:15 PM.
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Grand Master
    Good for you. Hope your dad enjoys his new to him, machine!!

Boolit Master
    good lad....happy Dad... did you spot I had got van gruff to answer your query for you??/

Awesome!!!

Moderator Emeritus

Nicely done Wolfdog. You made his day and made him proud.

Well done! Thanks for sharing.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Great story!

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Master
    Nice story about a father and son…. You’re Dad looks pretty happy and proud. He ought to be!

Boolit Master

Nice "payback"!

Boolit Grand Master

All in All ... A Great Day !

Thanks for letting us enjoy it with you and your Dad .

Your Dad has a mighty good son .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Moderator Emeritus

That is a great story and great pictures. He certainly had it shouldered up and ready.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    I truly enjoyed that story. I knew you were trying to get him a gun, and seeing the outcome like this made my day. Kudos.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Way to go!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Mold
    Great story Wolfdog, you are a good man. It sounds like your dad did a good job raising you.

Boolit Master
    I have 2 22Mag guns. Ammo is expensive and hard to find. As a father I think a good son should buy dad's ammo for him.

Best story I'll read all day. Guess I'll skip reading the news this morning. Good on you Wolfdog!
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    What a great son you are! Is it easy enough to find 22 Magnum ammo where you are?

Moderator Emeritus

That is a great son and a happy father...doesnt get any better than that!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Great story. Loved seeing your dad with the gun.
    "There is no saint without a past, no sinner without a future."

- Saint Augustine

Boolit Grand Master

You did good! He looks happy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast