Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love my Dog, BUT.

I love my Dog, BUT.

I spend a lot of money on my dog.
    I buy her treats, chew toys and spend a lot of money on vet checkups and monthly flea, tick and heartworm preventer.
    Not much I won't do for my dog.
    I would like to use the correct word for a female dog, because that is what she is.
    I was in a text conversation with a friend of mine and in the meantime, I guess I was not paying enough attention to said female dog.
    Well, I heard some loud crunching and found my dog chewing on a small cylindrical shaped piece of plastic, which I immediately took away from her.
    I looked at it for a bit and discovered it was the cap that goes on the foster connector on my Beeman underlever PCP rifle.
    I still love my dog, but I am not really happy with her right now.

Boolit Master
    I can feel for you. I have my jaws. She will be a year next month, stills chews everything in sight. TV remotes were her favorite. Gave up on buying toys for her, now she gets tree branches, about 4' long and 1 1/2" in diameter. My shins take a beating but so far everything else in the house has survived. I have two F Great Pyrenees'.

Boolit Master

Hey YOU left it where she could get it. Uh who's at fault you or the dog. Dogs chew stuff to me your own fault, hug her and forget about it. BTDT

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Hey YOU left it where she could get it. Uh who's at fault you or the dog. Dogs chew stuff to me your own fault, hug her and forget about it. BTDT
    No: She got it off the Baby Grand Panino. Bought two new, just in case.

“Dog Training” is really people training. Sorry for loss, but don’t blame the dog. She will love and try to please you know matter what.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Master
    they do grow out of it....how much stuff gets chewed in meantime is up to you....so far two sets of crocs and a plastic funnel have had the chomp...hopefully past the worst of it..no boots this time YET...

Boolit Buddy
    My stupid hound ate my chair when he was a puppy. Dragged it into the middle of the living room and chewed the whole arm off. Fabric and foam everywhere, it was a pretty recent purchase too.
    Now, he's the nicest dog I've ever had.

Boolit Master
    I have a 10 month old mini ausie....beautiful and sweet, but doesn't know what to do with all his energy. He'll be neutered shortly, which will be a step in the right direction, but he'll probably always be a hyper pooch. He and his bud, a Yorkie-poo, can raise a ruckus!
    Chicken Little has finally found an audience

Boolit Master
    Oh yeah, shredding.....they love playing tug-of-war with anything shredable, magazines, carpet, you get the idea. Mostly it's been the grandkids toys.
    Chicken Little has finally found an audience

Boolit Man
    I have had 5 Brittany's, Zak is a 2 year old male and He has chewed up more stuff than the others put together and doesn't show many signs of growing out of it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I lost my Gunner a little over a year ago and I still grieve for him. I would let him chew up all the things he destroyed if I could have him back. It is just part of their growing up. Try to remember to keep things put away and don't get too upset when they do find a new chew toy.

Boolit Grand Master

Chew toy ... Gun part , what's the diff. to a dog. She could have eaten your keyboard !
    Don't let the dog play with your guns ... buy her a gun of her own ...
    ... so she can chew on it freely !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Quote Originally Posted by jgstrug View Post
    I have had 5 Brittany's, Zak is a 2 year old male and He has chewed up more stuff than the others put together and doesn't show many signs of growing out of it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    When I saw that pic all I could think of is ERKCaL (SP) DID I DO THAT! LOL!
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Grand Master
    Oh yeah, I know where you are coming from
    just bought a belt from El Paso Saddlery and when I was not looking
    my dog a German Shepperd, Australian Shepperd mix was chewing on it
    not one of my favorite days
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    My last GP I got when she was 6 weeks old, she was with me 24/7, day and night, with in arms reach most of that time, she died at about 10 years. I miss her badly every day, took over two years for me to get the two girls I now have. Each is an individual and will not trade any of the experiences. Or the chewed up stuff. All good.

When our dogs mess up, and you bust them, they put on this face that says,
    "Yeah, I know. I'm sorry. But look how cute I am".
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Moderator Emeritus

My puppy has always been good about chewing but my gf's wasn't really trained properly. She worked full time and was by herself while mine had me 24/7 which makes a huge difference. Anyway, what really worked was making sure he had bones to chew. We get several pounds of bones cut up from the 1/2 steer we buy. Dogs love them only problem is they can be like Lego's at times when you step on them.

Kong brand chew toys. Nothing compares. I've hit Floyd's beehive shaped one twice with the lawn mower and he's been chomping on it every day for two years now....It's the only thing he hasn't defeated. Most everything else gets shredded including 3" diameter pecan limbs and cow femur bones. He's a Blue Heeler.
    We're buds.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

My teenage daughter really wanted a dog several years ago. I'm just not a dog person so I had resisted for a long time just because of the mess and destruction they cause. The kids finally talked us into getting them a puppy.

I did warn them though. I told them to go find their most treasured possessions and throw them in the trash, because he would destroy anything left unattended. The little monster lived up to that promise, in spades. They love him anyhow.

I have to admit, he is growing on me. He's so darn polite when taking food out of your hand. I'll hold a scrap of food or delicious treat for him down at his level in the kitchen, give a little whistle that he knows so he comes running, but be looking away when he comes in. He won't touch it until I make eye contact and he knows it's his, then he takes it very carefully and politely. Funny little mutt he is. For some reason he thinks I like him; I don't know why.
    Last edited by fatelk; 10-12-2022 at 10:45 PM.

Banned
    My last friend was a rat terrier , he didn't get out of the chewing phase till he was about 15 .
    As a pup he would chew anything an everything. As an adult he mostly stuck with the bones and chew toys unless he happened to be mad at me for some reason
    From 15 to his last year at 20 he'd still chew on bones but not toys .

Every year at his check up the vet would remark on how healthy his teeth was and how big an impact that was on his overall good health .
    So let em chew , provided you can wean em off your shoes and other important things .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast