Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Boolits for 10mm

Boolit Man

Boolits for 10mm

I just came by a S&W 610 at great expense. It is equipped with the Loupold M8 scope and has a 6" barrel. Now I need to get some molds so I can save enough on boolits to shoot it from time to time. Does anyone know of or can recommend a 10mm bullet mold along the lines of the Ranch Dog boolits for this 10mm/40S&W in the 180 to 200 grain weight? I have one of the Ranch Dog molds that drops a 358 boolit at about 190 grains. Something on that order is what I am looking to purchase.

Moderator Emeritus

A Lee 175 conventional lube is cheap and should weigh in close to 178 gr. It is a close copy of the Lyman 401043.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

I shoot the Lee 6 cavity 401-175-TC. Once Powder coated I end up at 179-180gr. Shoot it in a Glock 20 and a MechTech carbine.

Boolit Buddy
    I use the Lee 6 cavity 401-175-TC and use them in my G40, RIA, XDM & M&P with great accuracy. I use a custom 10mm (WFN 200 gr) of my own design.

There's a thread that I made about it sometime ago.

Boolit Master
    There's data on Alliant's site for a 180 gr. JHP and Blue Dot that develops just under 1300 f/s in a 5" (unvented?) barrel. Since that velocity is near where bullet hardness must be watched to avoid leading, perhaps a 200 gr. cast SWC or TC could be launched from your revolver's 6" barrel just enough more slowly that leading would be less of a concern.
    If you sacrifice 5% velocity for the sake of minimizing leading, but launch a 10% heavier projectile, it's a net win on paper, and very likely in practice.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cast10 View Post
    I shoot the Lee 6 cavity 401-175-TC. Once Powder coated I end up at 179-180gr. Shoot it in a Glock 20 and a MechTech carbine.
    Im using that mold in both a long and short slide 10mm and a 40cal with good results but im leaning toward a little heavier for the 10mm maybe 200gr
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

I shoot my 610 quite a bit and mine seems to like the heavier bullets. It shoots best with the LBT 220 gr. WFN but I also shoot the NOE 403-198-WFN-Y1 more because I have a 5-cavity version. The NOE bullet has become my "standard" shooting bullet because I came cast up larger quantities more quickly than a 2 cavity.

Here is a pic of the NOE bullet. The designation has been changed (i have had mine for a few years) but it is the same thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOE 40 200 WFN web.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	305442

And a bunch of them in moon clips with the 610

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	610.3web.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	305443