Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Traded for a new to me CVA cascade in .243 the other day, range report..

Boolit Master

Exclamation Traded for a new to me CVA cascade in .243 the other day, range report..

I took it in on trade the other day. I have heard these called a poor mans Bergara, since I am told they are made in the same factory with barrels made on the same Machinery. This one has the camo stock, tan ceramacoat, with a threaded barrel. It has stainless pillars, the barrel is floated, trigger breaks at a crisp #3. It came to me used with a nice picatinny rail, with Burris Zee rings and a Sig Sauer 3x12x40 Buckmaster. I like these scopes and have sold/mounted over 30 of them in the last year, with great results. They track well, are very clear for a budget scope, and hold zero well, with a forever warranty. I thought I would take a chance that it had been zeroed, and shot a 3 shot group at 100yds, that kept all 3 shots touching, 1 1/2 inches low, dead center with WW 100gr factory ammo. I figured it had been zeroed with light varmint bullets. I clicked it up to where it should be 2 inches high, took a shot and it was bang on. I then shot one of my handloads with 100g Sierra BTSP, and it landed half in the WW hole. I then moved to a different target at 100yds, where I had a ML target. I held low, to try to put it in the X Ring, and 5 shots later had a very nice hole about .657 wide, outside to outside, in the X ring. Very satisfied with the rifle, I have about $520 total invested in the rifle and scope.I will be letting my SIL take it hunting come deer season in a few weeks. This is the fourth one of these rifles I have shot, 2 350 legends and a .308 were the other ones, and they all shot similar groups. For a economical factory rifle, these are good to go as they are.

I'd like one in 7mm-08.
    Here's Sam's .243 CVA Cascade. Looks like a keeper to me!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    Nice report. I'll try not to shy way from a cartridge firing CVA.

When I was growing up in the late 1970's CVA was a not quite bottom tier, cheap muzzle loader company. Kind of predisposed me to think something's wrong seeing CVA on a cartridge firing gun.

Robert

I examined the Cascade, the Winchester XTR, and the Tikka T3x side by side at a Fleet Farm store in Wisconsin last Friday. Of course I'm prejudiced for the Tikka(have two) but the Cascade was nice and smooth. The Winchester wasn't bad either. Something I did notice was that the two lug bolt on the Tikka was a bit smoother than the three lug bolts on the Spanish and Portugese rifles. They all handle and point well.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk