RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: AUCTION (100% to site): scope base and ring odds & ends

Boolit Buddy

AUCTION (100% to site): scope base and ring odds & ends

Got these as part of a larger deal -- been saying that a lot, lately -- and don't expect to use them myself, so offered here:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220820_191834.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	303422Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220820_192100.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	303423Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220820_192133.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	303424

Nine old style turn & lock scope rings, for 1" tubes. I have no product description, hence no way to characterize these as "low", "medium" or "high", but they measure .268" from the base to the bottom of the 1" opening, indicating .768" (about 3/4") from the mount base to the centerline of your 1" scope.

Did I say "odds & ends"? Here's an "odd" thing: all 9 of these rings are the "front" type, with the turn & lock stud, and none of them are the "back" type, with the cutouts for tightening the scope base retaining screws. (I doubt it's SOP, but if you're sufficiently gung-ho, you could maybe convert one to the "back" type by planing off the turn & lock stud and machining appropriate cutouts on each side. Did I mention I'd probably not use these myself?)

The ring screws on these are 8-40, and take a 7/64" Allen wrench, suggesting they are probably of US origin.

Next up:

Name:	IMG_20220821_153730.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	303425

One set of cheap Chinese rings, for a 1" tube, and to fit the narrower 11mm Picatinny rail. These take a 3mm Allen wrench (included), and use metric ring screws (included).

Finally:

Name:	IMG_20220821_154020.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	303426Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220821_154037.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	303427

I couldn't find a product description on line, but this appears to be an Aimpoint mounting rail, probably for some Aimpoint product I couldn't find either. It's pretty obviously a D&T Weaver/Picatinny rail. I couldn't measure the bottom diameter precisely, but it's smaller than 1", suggesting a barrel mount of some kind. (The 6 screws and shallow engagement also suggest the same.) Note that one screw is missing (6-48 countersunk), and the threads on the other 5 are shiny at the ends, indicating that this item has been mounted, although there are no wear marks evident on the rail itself.

I would like to sell this lot as a "100% to site" auction, which means that the high bidder donates 100% of their bid amount to Castboolits (per the donation link above), after which I will send them the items. I will pay shipping.

Sorry to say, I think everything here might possibly be subject to ITAR, as firearm "optical sighting equipment" -- so US bidders only, please.

This auction will run through next weekend, until 9:00 p.m. EDT on Monday, August 29th.

Do I hear $1.00?

Boolit Buddy

Tuesday bump

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by gunwonk View Post
    Do I hear $1.00?
    No?

Two bits, anyone?

Boolit Grand Master

All the screws are worth $2 so you have a bid.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master

The rings could be for Leupold dual dovetail bass’s. A stronger system than the original!

I will bid $10

Boolit Bub
    Those are clearly Leupold/Redfield-type 1" medium height rings. If you use those bases and are gonna be needing rings in the future, this would be a great investment. Just saying...
    Be strong, and show yourself a man.

Boolit Buddy

Sunday bump, with improvement.

I dug around in my gun screw odds & ends, and came up with one more 6-48 screw for the Aimpoint base:

Name:	IMG_20220828_133313.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	303596

The new screw is the one at the bottom of the pic. It's correct thread length, correct head countersink, and just slightly larger in head diameter and height, so with a bit of trimming it would match the others. Or you could just put it on one end, where it wouldn't be noticed as much.

So now the Aimpoint sight base comes with a complete set of mounting screws.

Boolit Buddy

Last day bump.

This auction ends at 9pm EDT, about 4 hr. after the timestamp on this message.

Boolit Bub
    deltaenterprises, You're right! Those rings are for dual-dovetail mounting systems. Good call.
    Be strong, and show yourself a man.

Boolit Master

Since the proceeds will go to the site I will increase my bid to $15

Boolit Buddy

You've got it, deltaenterprizes. Please send your bid amount to the site (donation info above), and PM me on where to ship.

Thanks, everyone, for your interest and support.

(Also for the education. I didn't know about the Leupold dual dovetail system, and it's cool. FWIW, I do not have any dual dovetail bases. Just sayin'.)