Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I get frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    Have you seen the movie?
    Thanks for asking the question!
    I learned a lot today.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    You can read the whole story of the two lions from Colonel Patterson's book, "The Man-Eaters of Tsavo". It's a very short book but tells how a railroad engineer ended up hunting the lions. The Michael Douglas character didn't exist in the real story. I had the good fortune of seeing the lions in the Field Museum in Chicago about a dozen years ago where I also bought a copy of the book. They aren't what you would expect with the thick manes of a trophy lion but they were very capable of killing a LOT of railroad workers.

Boolit Master

Val Kilmer's Lee-Speed from The Ghost & the Darkness is at the top of my "I WANT!" movie gun list.

I can forgive them fabricating Michael Douglas' character as it allowed them to verbalize the thoughts Patterson had while hunting alone for the audience. Where they REALLY screwed up was when they showed Kilmer sitting by the campfire loading that rifle with spitzer point MKVII ammo - which didn't exist for about another decade at that point - but A for effort.

Now if I can go afield with that over my shoulder and Brendan Fraser's Triple Lock Smith from The Mummy on my hip, I'll be set. . .
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    Val Kilmer's Lee-Speed from The Ghost & the Darkness is at the top of my "I WANT!" movie gun list.

I can forgive them fabricating Michael Douglas' character as it allowed them to verbalize the thoughts Patterson had while hunting alone for the audience. Where they REALLY screwed up was when they showed Kilmer sitting by the campfire loading that rifle with spitzer point MKVII ammo - which didn't exist for about another decade at that point - but A for effort.

Now if I can go afield with that over my shoulder and Brendan Fraser's Triple Lock Smith from The Mummy on my hip, I'll be set. . .
    According to wiki Brendon carries a colt in 45ACP which means it was modified from 455 webley and takes half moon clips
    I have a 1917 colt in 455 as well as several 1917 triple lock S&W in 455. None have been modified for half moon clips. Thankfully
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    https://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Main_Page

All the guns in all the movies. ;o)
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Tom Selleck movies seem to be very correct historically as far as guns. I do believe like John Wayne he uses some of his own collection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12