RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: .458 SOCOM AR Project Upper

Boolit Master

SOLD .458 SOCOM AR Project Upper SOLD

SOLD and SHIPPED This is a complete upper w/BCG and CH in .458 SOCOM, made by Radical Firearms here in the Houston area. I received this as part of a trade and have not fired it, as I have neither a need for it nor any particular interest in it. The previous owner reported feeding and ejection issues. This cartridge uses standard GI 5.56mm mags, although you can spend extra money for proprietary ‘big-bore’ mags if you wish. The entire upper is in excellent condition, but is sold as-is. I DO NOT guarantee that this upper will run as it sits now, so this is definitely a project for someone who wants to tinker with it. Estimated round count is 40.

This conversion is intended to be a turn-key drop-in; simply swap uppers and ammo, and drive on. No special buffers or springs required. Ammo is readily available online, if not in your local area. Will sell for $400 now $375 plus shipping. Insurance is optional but recommended. Payment by USPS MO, Zelle, Venmo, Cash App, personal check (item is held until checks and USPS MO clear my bank), or cash, at the user’s risk. No PayPal.

No Trades.

Specs as follows:

Cartridge: .458 SOCOM
    Barrel length: 16”
    Twist: 1:14”
    Muzzle threads: 5/8X32
    Muzzle device: Radical Firearms Panzer muzzle brake.
    Sights: None furnished
    Magazine: None furnished

Post an 'I'll take it,' and follow up with a PM for payment instructions. SOLD and SHIPPED

Attachment 302459Attachment 302460Attachment 302462Attachment 302463Attachment 302464Attachment 302465Attachment 302466Attachment 302461
    Last edited by nicholst55; 08-04-2022 at 12:08 PM.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master
    Bump
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

I checked online and found the .458 SOCOM round will fit a 5.56 mag....Is this correct?
    It Is Intuitively Obvious To The Most Casual Observer With The Least Amount Of Experience

My Feedback
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...hlight=Fla9-40

Boolit Mold
    True. No changes to the mag needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fla9-40 View Post
    I checked online and found the .458 SOCOM round will fit a 5.56 mag....Is this correct?
    Absolutely correct, it is designed to function through standard 5.56/.223 mags. A couple of companies offer specific followers or mags for it (and other big bore cartridges), but technically they are not required.

Boolit Master
    Bump.

Boolit Buddy

30 rd AR 15 mag holds 9 458 Socom. Some blunt bullets like 405 Rem SP won't fed the last rd. I have upened up the feed lips slightly in the front of mag and radiused the front of some mags. 405 Rem scoots out at 1700 fps and 300 gr Rem HP close to 2000. Enjoy mine. GW