WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: 2000 Lee 1000 Pro Upgrade Do's, Don'ts etc, Sequence of changes etc.

2000 Lee 1000 Pro Upgrade Do's, Don'ts etc, Sequence of changes etc.

Have an instructor who was gifted a Lee 1000 Pro loader and as-sundry prep items, invoices plus 1K SP primers in boxes, all appearing new.
    Does anyone have, or know of, a list of changes needed or desired, on a 1000 Pro from the 2000 time frame?
    Lee said they would be happy to update it for 50% of current new cost.(A non starter)
    Should mention instructor is in machine tooling so very mechanically and technically competent.
    He and I just finished partially tearing down two wire EDM machines after a two year break in operation.
    Any and all insight, suggestions, don't do this, do this, etc would be greatly appreciated.
    Response by PM welcome.
    Please don't suggest a 'search' as the site search facility and I do not very often agree on things.
    Strangely enough my last eight years of employment involved intense data discovery involving sorting!
    Thanks for any assistance and insight.
    Thanks

Boolit Master

The biggest issue I ever had with the Pro 1000 was priming on press. The primer system is very picky. I found it much easier to deprime, tumble my brass and hand prime. The Lee auto disk powder measure worked very well, especially with the adjustable charge bar.

Boolit Buddy
    I would pay for an update.

Boolit Master
    If you have the original (printed) Manual on hand, compare the parts to current manual (on the Lee site) for different part numbers or visually different looking parts.

1st thing will be the primer tray and the primer feed trough that's under the shell plate will be different.
    I bought my (updated) Pro1000 a few years ago and have had no problems with the priming system to date.
    I do DE-PRIME off the press and wet tumble before using the Pro 1000 to load, that way there is no primer smooge on the Pro 1000.

There are a host of vids on utube on the Pro 1000 too.
    jmo,
    Edit: the newer presses have a shot pin for shell plate alignment, but it only compensates for an out of adjustment indexing and is not needed. (jmo)
    Last edited by Kenstone; 04-25-2022 at 09:23 PM.
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Thank you one and all.
    Guess we will assemble, test and adapt it, especially the primer system, if even used.
    I have a couple Lee Classic Turret presses but do not try priming on either one because of all the negative comments.
    Far easier to, as was said, prime on different/dedicated system, which is what I do.
    Again,
    thanks

Boolit Buddy

Maybe you can find something on Lee-loader.com

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by kywoodwrkr View Post
    Thank you one and all.
    Guess we will assemble, test and adapt it, especially the primer system, if even used.
    I have a couple Lee Classic Turret presses but do not try priming on either one because of all the negative comments.
    Far easier to, as was said, prime on different/dedicated system, which is what I do.
    Again,
    thanks
    I'm sure you will figure it out. The Pro1000 is not nearly as difficult to figure out as many claim. It has its problems with the priming system, but it's just a primer chute. It's just a tray and gravity. If the primers fit, it works. Really all the problems revolve around having a clean chute, and keeping the primers feeding from the tray. It's not rocket surgery. My biggest gripe is like most presses, it primes on the downstroke. I personally hate that, and for that reason alone I prefer pre-priming. I'm not aware of any problems anywhere else on the press. You might have to bend the ejector wire to get it to kick out right. It's easy stuff.

I seem to be one of the lucky ones. I bought mine in the 2016-2018 time frame. I only use it for 327 federal and 45 acp. I've loaded thousands and thousands of both. All I ever did was take it out of the box, and do simple adjustments for setup. The only bad thing I can possibly say about it is that it only has 3 stations. One day I can see myself going to a 5 station press, but the prices of a Dillon 750 XL are high. Of course a Lee pro 1000 isn't cheap anymore either. I think I paid $125 for mine brand new.
    Last edited by megasupermagnum; 05-04-2022 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Livin_cincy View Post
    I would pay for an update.
    Same.