Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: Webley package

Webley package

Selling for a friend's widow

Webley Mark VI in 455 Webley. 1916 Patent. This has been cut to accept 45 ACP and 45 Auto Rim brass. Appears to be in good shape. It will need an adapter to shoot 455 Webley ammo/brass. I have NO CONNECTION to the ebay seller, but a guy on ebay has shims to allow you to shoot 455. Shims are $25
    100rds of ammo & new dies $1100
    Last edited by wolfwing; 04-13-2022 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Ebay links are not allowed

Boolit Buddy
    Is the v spring controlling the break open latch broken or just gummed up and sticking?

Any rack numbers or unit markings on the back strap? It's probably too late to have them but worth checking.

I don't see anything on the backstrap. On the bottom near the lanyard loop, there is a 968. There is no 968 in the S/N. On the frame below the cylinder is also a 9684 scribed in.

Talk to me like a 4 year old - I am Webley ignorant. I see no V spring. The latch that opens the action needs to be pushed in both directions - it does not snap back (if it is suppose to). There is a flat spring on the right side of the recoil shield that seems to be doing nothing. If you walk me to where the V spring is/should be, I can take pix.

After handling this a bit , I noticed the cylinder does has a small amount of forward/aft movement and some rotational movement. I would not shoot my 357 or 41 mag with this much rotational movement. It seems the locking bolt is undersized for the size of the cuts in the cylinder. It also appears that it is designed that way.

Thanx for the tip. With the hammer down and trigger to the rear - lock up is tight.
    Last edited by wolfwing; 04-14-2022 at 09:56 PM.

weekend bump

Boolit Master

wolfwing, did you get my last PM?
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Grand Master

Ther is suppose to be V spring to close the release latch. I would not try to shoot it without the spring as this actually holds the action closed. I believe that Numerich has them for just a few bucks.

Boolit Buddy
    Bump for "The world's greatest break open fighting revolver."