Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Looking for some 223/224/225? Boolite mold recommendations.

Boolit Buddy

Looking for some 223/224/225? Boolite mold recommendations.

I have found 8 lbs of Tac powder and some bullets weighing around 55 gr to 62gr that I packed away in a cooler back in 2015. I'd like to use some of that powder.

What I'm mostly looking for is a Boolite for my 12.5-inch barrel AR. From what I have read I have been told that the heavyweight ones work better for the shorter barrel.

I'm more interested in a bullet that is HP or that will expand on the impact I have liked what I have seen my 135 gr 308 HP have done to jugs in a 300 blk. So any advice about the weight would help I guess I'm mostly looking at MP molds since they do the HP but will hear out others.

Also plan on powder coating these so if I also need a gas check let me know. Thanks!

Boolit Master
    I would look at your twist rate in your barrel. If its 1/9 or 1/8, the 55 to 62 grain boolits will be fine. If its 1/7, I had to step to a 70+ grain boolit for accuracy and load at around 2000fps. MP Molds has the one that I use, 227-75 Nato mold.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    I would look at your twist rate in your barrel. If its 1/9 or 1/8, the 55 to 62 grain boolits will be fine. If its 1/7, I had to step to a 70+ grain boolit for accuracy and load at around 2000fps. MP Molds has the one that I use, 227-75 Nato mold.
    Does it have a HP?