WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: Peep Sight Traditions Kentucky

Boolit Buddy

Peep Sight Traditions Kentucky

Hello all, I am getting near the end of my Traditions Kentucky rifle kit and has come time to install sights. The ones that came with it are ok I guess but never been a fan of standard sights. I see online that Williams and Lyman make sights for Hawken rifles but none for the Kentucky. What peep sight would work on my Kentucky rifle? Do any of you have a peep sight on a Traditions Kentucky rifle? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snipin101 View Post
    Hello all, I am getting near the end of my Traditions Kentucky rifle kit and has come time to install sights. The ones that came with it are ok I guess but never been a fan of standard sights. I see online that Williams and Lyman make sights for Hawken rifles but none for the Kentucky. What peep sight would work on my Kentucky rifle? Do any of you have a peep sight on a Traditions Kentucky rifle? Thanks for the help.

would a short stem Marbles sight work - big advantage with that kentucky is the solid tang to mount it on

Boolit Buddy

PM sent. Good luck

Boolit Master

There were a couple good threads on this topic on the Traditional Muzzleloader's Forum over the years. Some folks were very innovative; file a v-groove in the end of a piece of threaded rod, solder a piece of brass tubing in place, D&T the tang and "Presto", instant peep sight! A couple of guys used thumbscrews, drill a hole in the center of the "handle" portion and D&T the tang, instant peep sight! There were a couple who went all-out and machined sights to fit their guns ad their tastes. Use you imagination! It's YOUR rifle, make it what you want it to be!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks! I finally finished the rifle. I have a post about it on here. I turned out putting a rear sight that came off my Pedersoli sharps on there. It lines up and looks great with the brass blade that is factory with the kit. If I shoot it and decide I don't like it I think a skinner 3/8 dovetail rear peep sight would look pretty good and get the job done. But for now I will try out the Pedersoli ladder sight.

Boolit Master
    Williams used to have a ramp sight with peep on it. I had one on an old Hawken (Navy Arms?). It had an insert for the dovetail and screwed into that.

This page has a selection
    https://shop.williamsgunsight.com/ec...gun-sights-844

Unfortunately these are out of stock.
    https://shop.williamsgunsight.com/ec...cva-oct-044737
    https://shop.williamsgunsight.com/ec...octagon-001466

Would this one work with some shims under it?
    https://shop.williamsgunsight.com/ec...phawken-001340