Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alright who's got primers in stock?

Alright who's got primers in stock?

Even at $75 a thousand its better for me to reload then to pay what I'm paying for loaded at the store.
    50rd of fmj $26 bucks local

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Master

There is no rhyme or reason as to may have primers on any given day. I just go through and check all my usual sources.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Who's got primers The CCI's 209's I saw yesterday

$95.99 per brick

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Who's got primers The CCI's 209's I saw yesterday

$95.99 per brick
    Cheaper than they were, but over three times their worth.

I haven't seen any in stock, anywhere for awhile. So when you find them let me know too!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I would guess that the situation that’s going on in Ukraine will at least put a damper on any supply recovery. The fact that they are using many and also Russia is a big raw material supplier.

The only place within a 50 mile radius of me that's had any, they were $99.99 per 1000 + .0975% tax.
    They were still there when I left. That was 3+ weeks ago I believe.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Boolit Master

Extremely High Price - Plus will need Shipping and Hazmat fees. Lohman Arms has CCI #34 Large Rifle Primers at $129.99 per thousand plus Shipping and Hazmat. https://lohmanarms.com/product-categ...ck_products=in
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Mold
    We need to remember that primers are made of nickel and copper...metals that are in high demand by the building, automotive, and electronics industries. When you see your kids playing video games, blame them.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog91 View Post
    Even at $75 a thousand its better for me to reload then to pay what I'm paying for loaded at the store.
    50rd of fmj $26 bucks…
    Good luck finding primers for $75 / 1,000 without hazmat and shipping added. More like $95 if you find them.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog91 View Post
    50rd of fmj $26 bucks local

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
    It’s pretty easy to find cases of 115 grain FMJ under 40 cents each delivered right now. 52 cents is painful.

Edit: Ammoman has 4 different brass case 115 grain under 40 cents per and he is rarely the lowest cost vendor.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master

Price of copper on 15 December was $4.18 (Low for last 6 month period). Current price today was $4.70. Only a 11% increase (Due to War in Ukraine and Russia Sanctions).

March 16th 2020 was the Copper Price Low for the last 5 years on copper at $2.16. That is a 217% increase in almost exactly 2 years.

April 10th, 2017 (five years ago) was during the Trump Presidency. Copper was at $2.17. CCI #34 Large Rifle Primers were at about $27.50 per 1000 in 2017 (I know this because I ran across a Receipt for same today).

Nickel only sky rocketed in price the last month because of the Russia/Ukraine war.

Bottom Line - Nickel and Coper prices are NOT the cause of Primer Shortages and price increase of 200% to 500%.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Local gun shop has a fair selection of primers. I picked up a 1000 Rem. 9 1/2 today for $85. i have heard a lot of reasons why they are so hi.
    None of it makes any sense. Now I was told its because of transportation cost?
    I think we are being GOUGED at every level.

https://ammoseek.com/reloading/primers

I check when I'm in the market, usually watch for Brownell's to have stock. Cost is high, but the choice is don't shoot.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by AlHunt View Post
    https://ammoseek.com/reloading/primers

I check when I'm in the market, usually watch for Brownell's to have stock. Cost is high, but the choice is don't shoot.
    Those company names reek of scam…
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Was in my Local Mills Fleet Farm last week looking at fishing stuff.

Walked by the gun counter and there was a guy there, smiling friendly, asked if he could help me with anything.

I asked if he had any primers? His face fell, then he admitted they were totally out, and when they do get some in price is likely to be 75 to 90$ a thousand.

I smiled and said I have powder and primers stashed. Wish I had more primers but I'm ok for a long while yet.

Did not say that I had switching virtually all of my shooting over to Airguns and pellets at about 1.64 cents a round.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Gunbroker has them if your willing to pay $200

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Those company names reek of scam…
    They are, I checked. I don't think Ammo Seek is vetting their listed vendors. Buyer beware. These scam sites are very convincing. If an unknown listed vendor doesn't show an address, don't buy from them. If they do list an address, look it up on Google street view to make sure it's a legit address. Some of the addresses I've looked up have been vacant buildings, nonexistent addresses, slums in New Jersey, and other type commercial buildings that have other non firearm related businesses in them.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Grand Master
    I visited a gun shop that I've used for 40+ years today. The owner (that I've known since he started this business in his home) told me he had received several pallets of primers, which he sold without restrictions until he saw that he had more bullets than primers. He then restricted the number of primers you can buy to the same number of bullets you bought. This seems like a really fair way to do it as well as a logical way to do it. He said primers are about $40 per brick using this method.

I noticed he had about 10 one pound containers of powder on the shelf, and asked if he had more. There was a sign mounted under the powder that said maximum purchase is 2 pounds. Prices were around $30 per pound. He said he received 500 pounds of powder about 2 weeks ago, and what I saw was all he had left.

Over the years I've purchased many guns from this guy, and a lot of components, and I will continue to do so. He's the fairest dealer I know.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Bub
    I piled up primers back when for $10 a brick when you bough a 10,000 case. Surplus powder was $1 to $2 a pound when you bought 32 pound cases. Surplus brass and bullets were cheap by the bucket. Now, I'm using that stuff. Guy at the range the other day was offering $300 a brick for my small pistol primers. Told him I'm not interested in selling any.It's unbelievable what this whole mess has turned into. I'm just sticking around to see what kind of nonsense they cook up next. Everytime I look at the TV, there's some idiot yammering away about some crap or other. Then you look at the bunch in DC... The top 3 in charge of the free world... Biden, Camel Toe, and Pelosi. A child sniffer that wakes up in a different world everyday. A cackling moron that can't walk and chew gum at the same time, and an essentially brain dead meat sack has been that can't seem to remember anything beyond the Reagan years. But, I will say, the entertainment value of watching these imbeciles trying to complete a coherent sentence is worth the price of admission

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast