RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Back at it with BPCR after almost 2-1/2 years.

Boolit Buddy

Back at it with BPCR after almost 2-1/2 years.

I had gotten pretty serious about working up loads for my Pedersoli 1874 in 2019.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...li-1874-Sharps

I had managed to work up several variations on a base load to test but never got the chance to fire them.
    Shortly after the above thread was going on I had an old injury to my left shoulder flare up, rotator cuff failed, and in late November I was scheduled for rotator cuff surgery the first week of January. About 2 weeks into December a minor mishap while handling 50# feed sacks tore out my rotator cuff on the right shoulder (2nd go around for that one). I had the "fun" of 3 shoulder surgeries in 2020, 2 on the right side because after my gall bladder jumped up and tried to kill me in August they managed to tear out the freshly repaired rotator cuff when they had me down for gall bladder surgery. The right shoulder will never be 100% again. I stayed away from any rifle stouter that a .22 LR for all of 2021.

Yesterday I had a friend up to the house and I drug the 1874 Sharps out of the safe.
    First couple of rounds were fired from a Lead Sled but I managed a dozen rounds from the bench with just wearing a recoil pad on the right shoulder. Had a blast, I'd almost forgotten how much fun it could be.
    Back in the saddle as it were.

Boolit Grand Master

Hope everything is going better now, Those pedersolis seem to be good shooters Keep us posted on results