WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: WTB globe front sights inserts .550 diameter

Boolit Buddy

WTB globe front sights inserts .550 diameter

I have a globe front sight that is missing the inserts. The diameter of the insert is .550 with the two tabs on the centerline with a diameter of .675. My problem is the manufactures do not display the interior of the sights diameter. I think this one may have come from England, and there is no marking as who the manufacture is. Might be BSA. Would like to find a set of inserts for this front sight. Anyone have any setting around they could measure? Best regards, the toolman.

I bought a set of inserts for my Redfield front globe sight from Lee Shaver. Outside diameter of the insert is .550" and the "rim" is .020". The tabs on mine are not perfectly at 3 and 9 o'clock but the tops of the tabs are. In other words the top edge of the tabs are at 3 and 9 o'clock. The only insert I have that came with the sight itself has a .053 rim.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks bosterr, mine looks like the tabs are centered at the 3 and 9 position. I have one insert, the one with a doughnut hole in the center. If i cant find the right ones, may have to get the whole package, sight and inserts together. Best regards. the toolman.

Boolit Master

Try calling Champions Choice. 615-793-4066 Very accommodating folks. They specialize in competitive target shooting equipment.
    https://www.champchoice.com/store/main.aspx

I make globe sight inserts with my cnc fiber laser.
    It's not the size of your brass that matters, It's how you tumble it.

I have found that the inserts Lee makes are far superior to the factory inserts that come with most globe sights
    Dave

https://stores.leeshavergunsmithing....-insert-cards/
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
    --Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)