MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Dutch beaumont 71/88 parts

Boolit Master

Dutch beaumont 71/88 parts

Few years ago I picked up a pair of Dutch beaumont 71/88, one original and other the front half of the stock was chopped off. I found a original stock ( paid way to much) and have everything except front front band/nose cap. I have looked everywhere for about a month and wondering if anyone knows of old parts scrounging old times who might have such a thing. Or if anyone knows if anything else that close enough to work. Always that last little piece

Boolit Master
    Yup still looking . Going to take a while

That's a tough one. Sometimes a parts company like Numrich won't have it today, but might next week. You have to keep checking back. It's a shame that none of them seem to have a "notify me when you get one" list, so the ball is in your court and you have to keep calling or e-mailing them. Have you done an internet search? There are some small dealers who sometimes have unusual parts, and some who specialize in certain parts. Also worth exploring, other forums that are specific to gun collectors would be a good place to look, as there are folks that do shoot Beaumonts. Of course, the Beaumont rifle hasn't been made for many, many years, so any parts you are able to turn up will be cannibalized from an existing specimen that is being parted out. But, enough of them were imported years ago that I'm sure you'll eventually find what you need.

DG

Every great once in awhile, there are parts for those on ebay.

Boolit Buddy
    You might want to find a beat-up rifle on GB just for parts. With old out of production guns it sometimes is the best solution as the junker is usually cheaper than the sum of it's parts sold separately.

Boolit Master
    FOUND ONE!!!!! Cost a bit much but I don't care

Your going to shoot that smoke pole? 40 years ago, I owned a sporter version of that. I believe I paid $10 for it and happily sold it for maybe $25! Now I have an 43 Egyptian Remington rolling block and discovered that ammo is almost the same.
    Last edited by smkummer; 04-11-2022 at 08:22 PM.

Boolit Master
    Heck ya I'm going to shoot it. I have another that I loaded for . I use light 4570 data