Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Camel Attacks and Kills Two in Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    A petting zoo at a truck stop?

Where is Jeff Foxworthy?
    There's got to be a redneck joke in there somewhere.
    I used to work on the road and travel a lot, and somewhere years ago I pulled off an Interstate for gas, food, coffee, whatever. And out by the end of the offramp, out all by itself, was a small steel cage on a concrete pad, with a live tiger in it. Saddest thing I've ever seen.

Boolit Master
    Just watching a vid of a whitetail going after a dog you can understand what a camel could do. Unfortunate situation.....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreed View Post
    Totally bizarre. Wild animals do not want to be in cages, even nice petting zoo cages and when they’ve had enough crap they strike out. Orcas in seaworld have done the same thing. My sympathies go out for the families.
    Camels are not exactly wild animals. They are, at least nominally, domesticated, and have been for thousands of years. I believe the Arabs that raise them like them a bit feisty. Not to mention that cattle have been domesticated for at least 8000 years, and you still walk across a field with a bull in it at your own peril. Domesticated doesn't really mean tame.

Bill

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    At 12, I was feeding hay to the the horses. Pops had 2 Shetland ponies; mom and a yearling male colt. The yearling was none too friendly. I was petting the mom as she ate. The colt reached over and bit my middle knuckle! Being young, I demonstrated a lack of wisdom my giving him a right cross to the forehead. I preceded Arnold in Conan by a decade. He dropped to his knees, and my hand was numb for a week. He never bit me again. Neither did the dog try again after I clamped down on his ear !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fiberoptik View Post
    Neither did the dog try again after I clamped down on his ear
    As a kid, one of our neighbors had a dog the we all played with.
    Once in awhile the dog would just haul off and bite this one kid.
    One day it happened, and the kid bit it back. The dog never bit him after that.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Years ago I was driving into town on I-96 for an afternoon meeting. It was around 2:30 pm on a Sunday. I was listening to the traffic & weather station but not anticipating any delays. The traffic report came on saying an overturned animal trailer had both directions crawling near Milford. Sure enough three minutes later nothing but brake lights ahead. With the freeway down to one lane eastbound I had plenty of time to hear the next update. The announcer said the trailer was transporting two or three lions which had escaped during the roll over and were wandering around the area.
    As I passed the scene I saw a male lion resting on his belly (like a house cat waiting for a mouse to by) in the median and female walking in the grass along the shoulder. Several state troopers were controlling traffic and there was a fire truck and EMS on the scene.
    According to the news they were all captured none the worse for the experience.
    The area was pretty much rural with a MetroPark close by. I was surprised the lions didn’t run off into a farm field. Pretty cool seeing a lion walking along the roadside. Sort of like a drive through game reserve.

Boolit Master

Camels have killed millions...

Attachment 297595
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Camels have killed millions...

Attachment 297595
    Good pic of Cummala camel-toe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

In his classic work "Sixguns" Elmer Keith related the incident when the camel he was riding threw him and left Elmer dangling with his foot caught in the stirrup. The camel proceeded to dash into the desert, dragging Elmer behind him. Fearing for his life, Elmer was forced to pull his heavy-loaded .45 Colt and shoot until the camel collapsed. At least that's what I recall; it's been a long time since I read it. I could be wrong. Maybe he used his heavy-loaded .44 Special...
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Moderator Emeritus

If it was an intact male camel they are mean during rut... so mean most owners will not keep them. They have killed their owners during rut, killed other farm animals... you do not want to go in a pen with a rutting camel!

Dislike the whole idea of the Zoo; locking up something God meant to be free is a criminal act IMO-

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rondog View Post
    I used to work on the road and travel a lot, and somewhere years ago I pulled off an Interstate for gas, food, coffee, whatever. And out by the end of the offramp, out all by itself, was a small steel cage on a concrete pad, with a live tiger in it. Saddest thing I've ever seen.
    That is the Tiger Truck Stop , here in Grosse Tete Louisiana , the owner and the State and Animal Rights Groups , spent many years in court over the Tiger , his name was Tony, well Tony got really old and passed away from natural causes .
    The Owner didn't replace Tony with another Tiger ... He replaced Tony with a Camel !!!

A woman craweled into the Camels enclosure for a photo op ... the Camel sat down and she was under him ... to get the Camel off her ... she bit the Camels Testicles !!!
    You can't make this up ... I swear to heaven this is all true .
    They had to give the Camel a Tetanus Shot ... You might be a redneck if ...
    The Camel's name was Caspar .
    I believe the owner got fed up with animals and people going into areas marked "Keep Out Danger" at his truck stop ...everything seems to be gone now ...except the truck stop and cafe that served pretty good food !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

That’s one hell of a selfie. LOL

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    What were these two doing to the Camel that upset him so ?
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    What were these two doing to the Camel that upset him so ?
    For all the good details just search the term " Woman bites Camel at Tiger Truck Stop , Grosse Tete , Louisiana" ... she bit the camel in a place you don't want to get bitten !

I would have posted the news story here but I don't know how to make it happen ...
    After the woman climbed into the cage , marked Stay Out Danger , and bit the Camel ... She had the balls to sue the truck stop !
    Only in Louisiana !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    After the woman climbed into the cage , marked Stay Out Danger , and bit the Camel ... She had the balls to sue the truck stop !
    Only in Louisiana !

Did she use the ones she got from biting the Camel or----???
    R.D.M.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
    Only in Louisiana !

Did she use the ones she got from biting the Camel or----???
    Oh No !!! I don't even want to go there
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Seen on telly...What animal kills the most people in OZ?......snakes,sharks,spiders,octopus,jellyfish,b ulls ,deer,camels?......nope,more are killed by horses.(didnt say,but probably in falls)

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    As a kid, one of our neighbors had a dog the we all played with.
    Once in awhile the dog would just haul off and bite this one kid.
    One day it happened, and the kid bit it back. The dog never bit him after that.
    I had a paper route as a kid. One of the houses on my route was pure white trash. They had 2 labs, one of which was aggressive. One day he charged at me, I got my arm up in time to protect my face but he nailed me under the arm.

The next day I delivered to their house last with a brick in my bag. I walloped him full swing hard enough he rolled clear across the driveway.
    From then on he would bark at me hidden in the bushes around the corner of the house but never once came within 100' of me.

There's an analogy there for bullies and national policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    Seen on telly...What animal kills the most people in OZ?......snakes,sharks,spiders,octopus,jellyfish,b ulls ,deer,camels?......nope,more are killed by horses.(didnt say,but probably in falls)
    The hospital here dreads the first holiday weekend of the year They see more horse injuries than anything else.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!