Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: Larry, Moe & Curly

Boolit Master

Larry, Moe & Curly

WolfDog's pics & videos on trapping got me to thinking I could share a few things here.

As I've mentioned,, I'm a Animal Damage Control Agent,, and I do a lot of trapping. Here's a picture of (3) coons,, all caught at one time in one cage, that I named; "Larry, Moe & Curly."
    Why? Well, usually I only get one at a time. But the 3 Stooges would try & go through a door, two at a time,, getting stuck in the doorway,, and the 3rd Stooge would hit them from behind & all 3 would tumble through the door. I figured that was what happened here. So,, here's my 3 Stooges!

Boolit Master
    got enough there for a good cap

‘Certainly!’ Can’t figure out how to spell it the way Curly said it.

I got edumacated, thanks Dusty. It’s spelled ‘Soytinly!’
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 03-11-2022 at 11:11 AM.

Super Moderator

I've had several "two-fers" before, but never a three-fer. Congrats on the triple play.

I thought this was going to be a thread about the prevelent scene of the last State of the Union address.

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    "prevelent scene of the last State of the Union address."

Me too. Enjoyed this a way more. Thanks for sharing.

Great photo! Nice catch.

DG

Boolit Grand Master

That's soytinly ... a Cage Full-O-Coon !

never saw a Three-fer ... nice trapping !
    Coons are sorta cute ... they will do anything for Marshmallows , one can eat two 16 oz. bags of Jett-Puffed ... all by himself .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    That's awesome. I got two full grown coon hounds in a trap that size once. They were just standing in there with their faces pressed against the mesh and could barely move. I guess they both REALLY wanted to get to the can of cat food that I was using as bait. They were happy to see me and get out of there.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    It's a rarity to get a three-fer! Doubles,, often. But still funny. I had to name them after the stooges!

Just one of the many fun things about my job.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Great photo . . . love it!

I caught three on time in the live trap . . . very young ones. I was surprised and figured that it probably took all three to trip the trap. I had baited it with a jelly roll and when i checked the trap at daybreak, I spotted the momma running off into the brush and tall grass as I walked up to the trap. The three were cute little things and I didn't have the heart to take care of them. I let them out and it didn't take long for them to get back with their mother and all of them disappear. I never saw them again so I was glad of that.

Boolit Master
    Back in the early 1990's I had a friend in the hospital battling a serious illness. He was hooked up to 3 fluid pumps sending medicines into him. To soften the intensity of this treatment he got some adhesive tape and a marker and printed the names Larry, Curly and Moe on the pumps. When the doctors added a 4th pump he studied a bit and printed the name Alfred E. Neuman on that last pump. His humor was was to see which of his caregivers were classy enough to remember that name, made him smile. BTW, he overcame his illness and is still alive today.

Boolit Master

I remember the "what, me worry?" kid.

Boolit Master

nice paycheck bonus!

Boolit Master

I have that same trap but mine is in terrible shape I lost count of the times I have had to fix mostly from raccoons damaging it but dummy me put a couple bullet holes in it also! The trap is at least 30 years old I got it because of trouble with feral cats at my last house but while it was in my old buggy period garage it got more possums then cats! It has caught coons ,cats, my last dog, Grouse, rabbits, possums, a chipmunk, a woodchuck, a blue jay , and I probably forgot something!

By the way I am "UP NORTH" in Michigan and something is up with the blue jays none around at all this year since November maybe earlier . I am not complaining it is something I have never seen before ?
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    I have caught 2 at a time but this one is a prize!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Nerknerknerk!!! Wise guys ehhh!
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master
    "I have that same trap but mine is in terrible shape"

I have a lot of those traps & use them often. So far,, in about 20 years of ADC work,, only lost a couple. Why? Because before I put them to work,, I modify mine to where they don't get wrecked easily. Several extra cage clips,, especially in the corners & anywhere two edges meet.

Boolit Buddy
    Moe! Larry! Cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by Thin Man View Post
    Back in the early 1990's I had a friend in the hospital battling a serious illness. He was hooked up to 3 fluid pumps sending medicines into him. To soften the intensity of this treatment he got some adhesive tape and a marker and printed the names Larry, Curly and Moe on the pumps. When the doctors added a 4th pump he studied a bit and printed the name Alfred E. Neuman on that last pump. His humor was was to see which of his caregivers were classy enough to remember that name, made him smile. BTW, he overcame his illness and is still alive today.
    Actually, over time there were 6 stooges. Their names were Shemp Howard, Larry Fine, Moe Howard, Curly Howard, Joe Besser, and Joe DeRita.
    VOTE, VOTE, VOTE often. In dealing with potential dishonesty or corruption, Something you might keep in mind is a revealing quote by S.W. Erdnase in his book The Expert at the Card Table "Almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."
    Politicians are like babies diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. Mark Twain