Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Wideners
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Should I tell him or ???

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    I got to work one day at a warehouse to see a couple guys try to catch a propane Toyota forklift going down the main isle with no driver, not too much damage considering... All the other forklifts were electric and one particularly irritating fellow would get there early, grab the Toyota and hog it all day. A couple of the guys got there even earlier than the irritating fellow and ran a wire from the Toyota's spark plug to the driver's seat.....
    Back in high school electronics class I built a "shocker box". Basically a car ignition coil on an oscillating circuit with a spot to attach a wire lead to it. Its been used in a few spots around the shop for entertainment. We had it attached to the steel bolt/nut bins one day. There was a lot of laughter from everyone as they would get zapped, figure out what it was, then watch for the next guy to come by and get zapped.

Boolit Master
    I have found that when you laugh at yourself, you will often get more amusement than those who laugh at you, not to mention, I find I never run out of things to laugh at!
    Chicken Little has finally found an audience

I was a parts hustler (expediter/thief) on a Brown & Root job back in the early 70's, pipe department. It was a good sized job and my superintendent was the head honcho's little brother. I wound up working directly under him and answered to no one but him, or his brother. My job was to get the parts, by whatever means possible. It was all fun & games as far as I was concerned, and I loved it. Several sub contractors tried to take me with them when they wrapped up their part of the job.

One day the boss came up and asked me if I knew what a red head was? "Sho nuff boss!". He told me he needed two. I told him okay, but that particular item may take a couple days, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to go to town to get em'. I ain't seen one working on this job yet.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master

It’s funny how many of the things mentioned actually exist.

Wire stretcher: Ever run a barbed wire fence?
    Flag pole key: Unfortunately, its pretty common to find a box locking the halyard cleat.
    Brake light fluid: Not brakes, but in the days of carriages and early automobiles the tail lights and running lights were fueled with kerosene.
    Brass magnet: Yep, got one. It’s a commercially made net made to catch your ejected cartridges.
    Liquid thrust: At my house, it’s nitromethane.
    Metric Crescent wrench: One of mine does say “900mm” on it.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Moderator Emeritus

Red head is a common manufacturer of concrete anchors. Drill a hole and set it in the concrete, hammer it in and it expands to hold up whatever you attached.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Mold
    The only one that they sorta got me on was the ID-10-T Form. I knew they were trying to mess with me, but didn't get what the joke was supposed to be for like a week when someone literally spelled it out for me.

I was a little too much of a skeptic though because one day a Staff Sergeant asked me to go get the keys to one of our birds while we were getting ready for a job. I brushed it off and went about my business. Fifteen minutes later he asks if I got the keys, so I laugh and say "yea, yea, yea SSgt, get the keys to the C-130, sure..." Haha, sure enough he meant it. The keys were to the padlock that locks the latch to the ramp door shut. We all had a good laugh about that one.

Boolit Buddy
    I always use left handed hooks when fishing, seem to get a batter set.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    I have never understood hazing or making the new guy look and feel stupid. It is a waste of time and resources. When in my power, I never allowed it.
    Not a big fan of it either, but at times there are people that are so truly ignorant it's hard not to jerk their chain.

With BOTH hands.

Brother-in-law came to visit us in Michigan, in January. He is originally from Michigan. The last 10 years he's lived in Florida.

He couldn't get his car started, so my wife sent him out to my shop to ask me to help him start his car. While we were walking to the driveway where his car was parked, he asked me if his Florida anti-freeze was preventing his car from starting.

No I don't think so.

Then he asked me if the nitrogen they put in his tires could be the problem.

No, I don't think so.

Always treated him civilly up to that point, if he came around me now he'd be on a run to the hardware store for a spray can of striped paint.

BOTH hands, BOTH HANDS!

Boolit Bub
    On the other side of the coin, I had a great time at a summer job in an engineering department. I was asked several times to get something impossible, so I decided to get even. We were doing a study of converting to metric from imperial measurements at the time. I went around the engineering and drafting departments to see how many of the senior people needed metric trig tables. Quite a few engineers were confused and order some for their work groups. At the time most of the tool suppliers would hand out the tables freely, so I got a few dozen for the senior staff. A couple of people could not figure out why they were the same as the inch tables.

Boolit Master
    Sea bats or a bucket of steam was always popular when I was in the navy. Had a rookie messenger of the watch come down to where I was standing watch on the lube oil pumps looking for a bucket of steam. Frank

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I'm really surprised here that nobody has sent anyone out to get 1000 yards of shoreline. Marines radio back an hour later, call for a beachmaster, six LCMs and more ammo.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by super6 View Post
    I got the greasy phone and the binocular black eyes!
    About a week ago I somehow managed to get green marker on my forehead. Fortunately it turned out to be water soluble, but I only found that out at the end of the shift, when I finally had time to try getting it off.

Quote Originally Posted by super6 View Post
    My dad sent me the truck to get a bucket of head joints, A brick layer would know.
    With those clues, Google says: http://jnxclusives.blogspot.com/p/fi...ar-joints.html
    Last edited by DocWatson; 03-16-2022 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by samari46 View Post
    Sea bats or a bucket of steam was always popular when I was in the navy. Had a rookie messenger of the watch come down to where I was standing watch on the lube oil pumps looking for a bucket of steam. Frank
    10 yards of water line was common.
    Once, once I saw one backfire spectacularly - new Gunners Mate was sent to find a bottle of relative bearing grease, (relative bearing is for training the guns using the bow as 0), and the kid got his liberty card and vanished for two days. He was being carried as UA when he showed up with a small bottle of lubricant labeled "Relative Bearing Grease" - GMG1 had to authorize his time or admit the hazing to Gunner.

Quote Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
    10 yards of water line was common.
    Perhaps thirty feet of hose?

Quote Originally Posted by DocWatson View Post
    Perhaps thirty feet of hose?
    Water line is painted on the side of the hull to tell you how deep she is drafting.

Water line is painted on the side of the hull to tell you how deep she is drafting.
    I'd forgotten that, but I meant that a fire hose might be an adequate substitute.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I believe that is referred to as the Plimsoll mark.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I believe that is referred to as the Plimsoll mark.
    <checks>According to Wikipedia, both are correct.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234