Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: May be in the market for a new riding lawnmower

Boolit Master
    Just remember that up until you get to a big lawn mower most riding mowers bought at home depo, lows etc.... are all the exact same thing with different paint and maybe plastic. All made by MTD

i bought an old refurbished craftsman 17.5 hp with a new starter, new battery, new blade, new tires, new belt and fresh oil change. The chassis is like new, no rust no damage. I got it for 200$. Its does everything. I got a big 12.5 cubic foot steel trailer for it and a driveway grader. Its a reliable workhorse. I was looking into those new ones but the price tag is not worth it in comparison.
    “It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    I'm telling yall had better get the wife a manual push mower, Those spiffy riding mowers drink gas that we can no longer afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    I'm telling yall had better get the wife a manual push mower, Those spiffy riding mowers drink gas that we can no longer afford.
    No one will mow 4 acres of grass with a push mower lol!
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by almar View Post
    No one will mow 4 acres of grass with a push mower lol!
    That's why America has a weight problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    That's why America has a weight problem.
    No, its because of the high sugar diet...Mowing 4 acres wont help you if you warf down a half gallon of coke a day and eat junk. Mowing 4 acres with a push mower is like cutting down trees with pocket knife.
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Buddy
    For myself I would buy a well cared-for used one at an estate sale. When I graduated from high school, something then unprecedented in my line, in 1967, to leave home for good at age 17, my folks bought a snowblower, the largest one Simplicity made, a small Wards (or Sears, maybe?) riding lawmower that looked like a tractor, and a color television. I don't know what might have happened to the color television but the snowblower looked and ran like new when I last saw it 4 years ago, and I mowed about an acre with the lawnmower. If you keep these items inside when not in use, change the oil once in a while, and run good gasoline they last forever. And not buying a new one gives an extended middle finger to Red China.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thxmrgarand View Post
    For myself I would buy a well cared-for used one at an estate sale. When I graduated from high school, something then unprecedented in my line, in 1967, to leave home for good at age 17, my folks bought a snowblower, the largest one Simplicity made, a small Wards (or Sears, maybe?) riding lawmower that looked like a tractor, and a color television. I don't know what might have happened to the color television but the snowblower looked and ran like new when I last saw it 4 years ago, and I mowed about an acre with the lawnmower. If you keep these items inside when not in use, change the oil once in a while, and run good gasoline they last forever. And not buying a new one gives an extended middle finger to Red China.
    I also left home early(?) at age 17 in 1956. After I left, over the next couple of years, my folks got a TV, a better car and some other previously unaffordable stuff. It was at that point I came to realize just how much those wonderful folks gave up in order to adopt me (at 8 months) and give me the great life I had.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by samari46 View Post
    As the title suggests, I may be in the market for a new riding lawn mower. Can't use a zero turn in some places so a regular
    one will have to do. Thinking about Husquvarna 24 hp but kind of wondering about the switch that turns the mower on. Had a John Deere that did nothing but drain my wallet. So no John Deere's please. Would like to hear about your suggestions. Thanks,Frank
    check out the ones that give the best mileage

Quote Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
    . After I left, over the next couple of years, my folks got a TV, a better car and some other previously unaffordable stuff..
    In the 90s a buddy's kid left home. Not too long after, he bought a suppressed, Class III MAC.
    His son was home one time and asked why he hadn't gotten one sooner. My buddy told him,
    "After you left home, it was like I got about $1,000 a month raise".
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    In the 90s a buddy's kid left home. Not too long after, he bought a suppressed, Class III MAC.
    His son was home one time and asked why he hadn't gotten one sooner. My buddy told him,
    "After you left home, it was like I got about $1,000 a month raise".
    I feel that. My youngest graduated last year, all the kids are out (the youngest still lives here, but has a job and pays for his own stuff except rent), and all of a sudden I had money I didn't know what to do with. Well... I mean... I got a new Kimber, an old marlin, a bunch of casting equipment, etc. I knew what to do with it, I just didn't expect to have it.

Between the wife and I we had 5 kids, 3 mine and 2 hers, but I've been raising hers since they were 4 and 6, so they're mine too. My 3 were getting child support for years, and I got a decent raise each time one aged out. Then when the last two graduated and started paying for their own stuff, I was suddenly flush with cash.

Like a moron, I went and started a business, which now eats all my time and money.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    On the front of the mower deck is a vertical steel plate. Has three holes drilled in it. Last time I had it in the shop. I asked if the holes were for springs to keep the front of the deck higher than the back. I was told no springs needed. Just so happened I found two springs that should fit. So hopefully that should solve the problem. Stay tuned. Frank

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I don't understand how a lawn tractor will work, but a zero turn will not. For cutting grass there is no better tool than a zero turn.
    yea that makes "zero" sense! lol