RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I believe we may have entered the end times!

Agreed ! I can’t think that the best way to launder money so to make it untraceable is to buy a highly traceable gun on an internet auction site.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Agreed ! I can’t think that the best way to launder money so to make it untraceable is to buy a highly traceable gun on an internet auction site.
    It's just like expensive art. It becomes a sort of currency that can be traded without being taxed.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtek View Post
    Oh My! Cruising through GB, 1975 "Vintage" 336C in which it was described as Minty. Maybe 90% on a good dark day, scratches, pressure dings and cycling marks. Are you sitting down? It is sitting at $4225.00, 110 bids with 1 day and 4 hrs remaining. I love my Marlins but maybe some of them need a new home. I forgot the Chinese 4x on top.
    I can buy 2 or three Winchester/mirokus for that.

Boolit Master

I've seen a pair of shoes go for over 4000.00 on Walmart.com. Been said it's "traffiking".
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundermaker View Post
    It's just like expensive art. It becomes a sort of currency that can be traded without being taxed.
    Yes but that only works if they can somehow keep the "value" of this rifle at $10k. Otherwise they are just losing 90% of their money in order to have that piece of currency.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by IHuntDragons View Post
    Yes but that only works if they can somehow keep the "value" of this rifle at $10k. Otherwise they are just losing 90% of their money in order to have that piece of currency.
    You mean like banks do?

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundermaker View Post
    You mean like banks do?
    Personally I think it's a lot easier for the Federal Reserve to convince the world of the value of $1 than it is for some guy to convince some other guy that this rifle is work $10k. But I could be wrong.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    When I searched "Marlin 336" on GB yesterday, all the prices were inflated but not outrageous. Mebbe GB has pruned away alot of that stuff.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    I looked at a .38-55 Winchester 1894 Chief Crazy Horse for $1200 that sold for $800 about 8 months ago that sold with a Lyman tang sight and glob front sight. I offered $900 but he would not come off the price but did say it had $400 worth of sights on it and the gun without sights on GB was listed at $1500. From what I see most are not sailing just being relisted over and over. I think the most you see sale start low and have no reserve where 2-3 people get in a bidding war and it raises so fast that they don't think just bid.

Sorry but I still don’t think that buying a gun online that has to go through an ffl is a good way of money laundering. Expensive collectibles, jewelry, precious metals, antiques or art where there is not a government involved ffl and NICS check seems to be much more safer. And doing any of it online is a lot more dangerous than a cash and face to face deal. It may be a scam, but not criminal money laundering.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Gee . . . now I wish I had kept my 2nd year mfg. 336SC waffle top . . . .

Oh yea . . . I have some "swampland" for sale if anybody is interested . . . as well as a bridge in Brooklyn . . .

Boolit Master
    Makes me wonder what my 1949 336A unmolested waffletop is worth...

I just need a job that gives the income and ABILITY to pay such insane prices! Don't need overpriced guns, and won't buy any, but having that kind of pocket change would be nice.....

Yesterday in my favorite LGS there sat an original Marlin 444 with the straight grip Monte Carlo stock and a period Japanese scope. It looked good from 5 feet away- I find it easier to not buy guns if I don't touch them....
    $899 and I doubt they'll budge.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Bedbug Billys swampland.....I bought 3 acres of swampland fifty years ago for $4000.....sold it last year for $1m......but I got a Marlin too.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Yesterday in my favorite LGS there sat an original Marlin 444 with the straight grip Monte Carlo stock and a period Japanese scope. It looked good from 5 feet away- I find it easier to not buy guns if I don't touch them....
    $899 and I doubt they'll budge.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    I would have jumped on that like she was Raquel Welch, like Ava Gardner, like Gail Garrett Clark. $899 is a steal ... mind sharing the location of that rifle with me in a PM? I'll be on the phone with them when they open in the morning.

I'm half Texan if that counts. West of Midland, north of Socorro.
    What you think about you do ... what you do, you become.

Boolit Mold
    I didn't think there was a Marlin lever gun worth that. I would be very cautious of this deal.

Boolit Master
    Who'ed ever think Marlins value would exceed Pre 64 94's or Savage 99's. Must be end of times fore sure. Only have one Marlin here. A 36 SC. I can't bring myself to sell that one. I just broke it in last Fall

Boolit Mold
    Recently there was a PTR MP-44 semi auto copy that went for 30K on Gunbroker! Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by IHuntDragons View Post
    The point is to sell the gun to yourself or a buddy. You are paid an incredible amount for something, now that money is clean money. Selling "vintage" rare things on an auction site is pretty good, as the other bidders help legitimatize the deal. You can claim that you have Custer's pistol and sell it to your brothers account for 40k, and then give him the money to send to you, and he gets the gun. He never complains and the money now has a legitimate source. Arrowheads, claimed indian pottery, claimed roman coins, as long as your shill wins nobody is ever the wiser.