Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Snyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOE-Molds usable with LEE-6cav-Handle?

Boolit Mold

NOE-Molds usable with LEE-6cav-Handle?

Hello there, im from Austria 🇦🇹 and in Reloading since 6 Years. Now I got a few Kilos of pure Linotype and started casting.
    Here in my country I don’t know any other bullet caster using NOE-Molds, so I think I could be right by you.
    Since ca 3 Years I had been reading this forum, but never registered because I’m not experienced in using the English language, so first of all I have to hope that you can understand what I’m trying to write.

My first molds hab been from LEE but now I wanna try a mold from NOE (.452 with 350grs. in Plain Base configuration).
    They aren’t available in any store in Europe, so there’s no way to take it into my hands, they would be a „blind order“‘directly from the USA with high transport costs.

The NOE Company is selling own CastbHandles, but they are still not available, and there had been no reaction to Mails from me with the same question I go to you all now:

Are the NOE-Molds (three or four caverns, made from Aluminum) compatible with the LEE-6cav-Molding Handles?
    It would be bad for me if I will order the Molds and at least they will not work with my handles.

Best regards and thank you all

I use Lee mold handles pretty much exclusively, and they work with NOE molds with no modification at all!
    MC-130J Driver
    Former T-6A Texan II Driver
    FAIP Mafia
    Hook 'em all

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Lee handles are all I use with NOE molds. Happy casting!
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    NOE will fit RCBS handles as well.

Boolit Master
    Guten abend von Texas!

Lee Formgriffe sind sicherlich mit NOE-Formen kompatibel. Und dein Englisch ist viel besser als mein Deutsch.

Happy casting!

What calibers are you casting for?

Ryan

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Welcome. Your Lee six cavity handles will work fine with NOE. Thats what I use. Lee handles work exceptionally well with all molds exccept RCBS, but that can be fixed with a little grinding on a dremel.

Dont worry about language barriers. Do your best. Worst case explain in your native tongue and we use a tranator app. No problems.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Mold
    Guten Abend ryanmattes,

Dein Deutsch ist sehr gut, es freut mich zu sehen dass die deutsche Sprache auch in Amerika bekannt ist!

At the moment I’m only casting for my S&W 627-0 in .357Mag with 158grs and for my Ruger SRH Alaskan in .454 Casull.
    The reloadings for my several Glocks (G17, G20 and G31) I do with buyed Copper Plated bullets, the Ruger LCP goes with factory ammo only.
    For the rifles I’m also using factory ammo.

Thank you all so much for your help and answers��

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fzr1000 View Post
    Guten Abend ryanmattes,

Dein Deutsch ist sehr gut, es freut mich zu sehen dass die deutsche Sprache auch in Amerika bekannt ist!

At the moment I’m only casting for my S&W 627-0 in .357Mag with 158grs and for my Ruger SRH Alaskan in .454 Casull.
    The reloadings for my several Glocks (G17, G20 and G31) I do with buyed Copper Plated bullets, the Ruger LCP goes with factory ammo only.
    For the rifles I’m also using factory ammo.

Thank you all so much for your help and answers��
    I don't get to use it much. I took German in high school, when everyone else was taking Spanish or French.

Welcome to the forum! There's more good information here than you could learn in a lifetime.

Boolit Master
    I looked at the reviews in the Midway site, and several stated they used NOE molds with the Lee 6 cavity Handles.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master
    Welcome to our group! Happy casting! Those Lee handles work on several things NOE makes.

Boolit Mold
    Hey together, thank you all for your messages.
    After your answers there’s no more fear to do a „wrong buy“ with the NOE-Molds without having the specific handles.
    My son has PayPal, he told me to buy the mold for me.
    I‘m not really sure what I should get, 2/3/4 caverns.
    I think about 4 caverns Plainbase.
    My lead has about 22bnh, so fullhouse loads should work without GC, only by PC them.
    350grs WideNose in Front of a Full shovel Lovex DO37.2 (it’s absolutely the same as ACC. NO.9 in the US) should work well out of the Ruger Alaskan 454

Frz1000, Welcome to Cast Boolits. It appears you are doing great with your English,(probably better than some of us!) congratulations. Are you able to find primers and powder in Austria? The Accurate #9 (Lovex) you mentioned will work great but if they have an equal for H110 or Accurate 11FS it REALLY gets the 454 going. When using the Lee handles, I drill and tap them 8-32 threads per inch to keep them from slipping off when they get hot.Attachment 297274
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Grand Master
    Hey together, thank you all for your messages.
    After your answers there’s no more fear to do a „wrong buy“ with the NOE-Molds without having the specific handles.
    My son has PayPal, he told me to buy the mold for me.
    I‘m not really sure what I should get, 2/3/4 caverns.
    I think about 4 caverns Plainbase.
    My lead has about 22bnh, so fullhouse loads should work without GC, only by PC them.
    350grs WideNose in Front of a Full shovel Lovex DO37.2 (it’s absolutely the same as ACC. NO.9 in the US) should work well out of the Ruger Alaskan 454
    I assume "caverns" means cavities. I cast many different styles and weights for .454 Casull and .45 Colt. While a 4 cavity will increase productivity, it will also wear you out quickly. As to using linotype, it can be diluted down with a softer alloy (wheel weights or even pure lead) to stretch out the amount you have. You plan to use a 350 gr. boolit, so properly sized to fit your gun, 14 BHN should work well without leading.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Mold
    Hello 454PB,

Sorry for the wrong term, you are still right, I meant „cavity“.
    What means that „I will wear out“?
    Do you mean that I will get pain of the handling?
    This time there are only 6-Cavity-LEE-Molds in use by me, after 15-30 Minutes I go rolling and smoking a cigarette, that’s well bad for my lung, but good for my hands while molding.
    Or do I something misunderstanding?

Boolit Mold
    Hello murf205,

Hodgdon H110 is available here, but really expensive.
    Acc9 / Lovex DO37.2 is in use by me for the 158grs and 180grs 357 Magnum.
    16grs to 158grs (1440 fps out of the 5,5“)
    14grs to 180grs (1300 fps out of the 5,5“)

But I will look after Acc11FS by asking Lovex/Explosia for their pendant.

Boolit Master
    Would M-P molds make more sense?
    https://www.mp-molds.com/

Boolit Master
    Hello 454PB,

This time there are only 6-Cavity-LEE-Molds in use by me, after 15-30 Minutes I go rolling and smoking a cigarette, that’s well bad for my lung, but good for my hands while molding.
    Yes, that's what he meant, something like hundemüde or übermüdet.

My brass MP .45 230 grain 4 cavity with hollow point pins wears me out pretty quick.

Everyone has their own favorite number of cavities and material that molds are made from. I like aluminum 3 cavity designs and have 4 cavity molds but if it is made from brass or iron you will feel the weight in a long casting session. Only problem with 3 cavity molds, is that you have to get them from a specialty mold maker like M-P, Accurate Molds, or NOE or others. But...that is not necessarily a bad thing since you can get pretty much exactly what design you want. I don't know whether USA mold makers ship overseas or not.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Grand Master
    Hello 454PB,

Yes, 4 or 6 cavity moulds are very tiring, especially when casting a boolit that weighs 350 gr. For many years, I cast the Keith 429421 .44 magnum boolit in a Lyman 4 cavity mould. That was back when I was young and tough. Now that I'm old and weak, 2 cavity moulds are more my size.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by bdicki View Post
    Would M-P molds make more sense?
    https://www.mp-molds.com/
    Had been looking for molds that match my choice for heavy 454 bullets, but didn’t find any without GC in this weight range.
    Plus the availability of the molds is mostly bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast