MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Lee 358 140gr in 9mm

Boolit Mold

Lee 358 140gr in 9mm

Has anyone used the Lee .358 140 GR SWC in a 9mm? I am searching for the accurate bullet I can cast to shoot in Sig P210 target.

Does anyone have any load recommendations for the Sig P210? I would like to hear some accuracy reports from those with a P210 target.

Boolit Master
    I haven't tried it but I have that mold and am interested in it.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by John Guedry View Post
    I haven't tried it but I have that mold and am interested in it.
    How do like it for 38s?

Boolit Master

Having worked through some of the common 9mm reloading pitfalls with a bullet that's designed for the 9mm, my gut reaction to that Lee mold design is that you've got an awful lot of bullet shank down inside the case (for which you'll want to take steps to prevent your brass sizing your bullet down below optimal and leading up your bore), and the potential for a lot of driving band forward of the case that could jam against your chamber's throat. Folks have made do with stranger combinations, but it wouldn't be my instiinctive choice for "easy".

I'm a fan of Bullseye with a 135 grain slug (NOE/Ranch Dog TL357-135RF / Accurate Molds 35-135D) - which is sort of in your proposed weight ballpark - and it certainly has done well with .38 Specials in that general weight class. The combo holds 3-3.5" to 75 yards out of a red-dotted Ruger Carbine. NOE offers the same bullet in a conventional lube groove version if that's more your speed, and Tom at Accurate could certainly cut you one in that configuration - which may be quicker than waiting for the availability of NOE's next run.

Personally, I like easy, and my NOE mold dropping a ready-to-tumble lube bullet out of the mold at .357" diameter makes that grade.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master
    I’ve used the 140 grain Lee SWC in 9mm before. You can get it to work but you either have to seat the bullet deep into the case or seat longer than some 9mm’s allow. I’ve never used it in my P210. It works great in .38 Special loads. You can use 158 grain load data since the bullet takes up so much space in the case.

The Lee 105 SWC works well in most 9’s if you want something with that profile but fits the 9mm case better.

For my P210 I’ve had great success with 124 grain cast bullets at 1,000 FPS. I’ve been using 4.2 grains of Shooters World Ultimate Pistol but I’m sure there are 2 or 3 dozen or more powders that would work just as well or better.

The lee 358-140-swc has nearly the same internal volume as the RCBS 38-150-swc, so you can use that for data in working up loads in 38/357

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GSPguy View Post
    Has anyone used the Lee .358 140 GR SWC in a 9mm? I am searching for the accurate bullet I can cast to shoot in Sig P210 target.

Does anyone have any load recommendations for the Sig P210? I would like to hear some accuracy reports from those with a P210 target.
    Mp275 copy...most impressive in my 210

Boolit Master
    Works well in my .38's,I think I will wait on trying it in 9mm.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.