Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Well I lost my job today

Quote Originally Posted by tinsnips View Post
    You have skill a backhole operator who cares about your high school or lack of. If you are good as an operator you will find a better job. My good friend lost his job I told him the same thing he did find alot better job. Keep the faith and good luck.
    I agree ^^. He has a skill set that I would like to have and I would think is in demand. Good luck out there.

Nobody is taking into consideration that what is considered concealed is concealed? You are losing your job because you disclosed information not pertinent to your job.

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    You don't need a license to carry in Texas either, but a property owner has the right to say who can or can't carry on their property.
    He is a general manager he does not own the property the state of Texas owns the property it is a cemetery very big cemetery a lot goes on here and the other cemetery we service is on by city of Waco or McLennan County

Quote Originally Posted by Iron369 View Post
    Nobody is taking into consideration that what is considered concealed is concealed? You are losing your job because you disclosed information not pertinent to your job.
    I carry every day. Fortunately, I work a job where it’s prohibited to deny anyone to open carry. So I abide by the law within the boundaries of the law and do what I feel like I need to do regardless of company policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Gun View Post
    He is a general manager he does not own the property the state of Texas owns the property it is a cemetery very big cemetery a lot goes on here and the other cemetery we service is on by city of Waco or McLennan County
    Pretty sure your point was lost in the autocorrect. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Iron369 View Post
    Pretty sure your point was lost in the autocorrect. lol
    I hate the autocorrect

Boolit Master

if you can run equipment, there are hundreds of jobs available, only problem is you may have to relocate. i know there are several pipeline contractors desperate to find help, really good pay, probably 4 or 5 times what you made as a gravedigger.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master

Instead of selling your reloading equipment, sell your excess ammunition. There will be many more people interested in ammunition than equipment.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Master
    You might check the laws in your state. In at least one state, homeschoolers can be issued a diploma from their homeschool. A number of our kids went to our local trade college. For whatever reason HS diplomas were sometimes required, sometimes not. Once a higher diploma is aquired that usually suffices.

Boolit Master

Yeah..... i work on base..... i get nervous bring a gun near a base. I hunted on base the past 9 years and sick to my stomach nervous going past the guards. Even though i had a carry permit sign by the base CO.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Grand Master

Texas Gun ... Do Not Sell your reloading equiptment ... that isn't a wise move economically ...
    Good Luck .
    In Louisiana Heavy Equipment operators are in demand ... construction is up and experienced operators are few ... there must be some work in Texas ... Nail that GED during the meantime , education is a good thing .
    I will be praying for you and your family ... things will get better .
    This may be an opprotunity ...disguised as a setback ... Keep the Faith !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    I was thinking maybe Texas gun would be back here on Monday telling us what a great new job he got. I guessing he's a young capable man that isn't going to sit still long.

YEP, backhoe operator? TEXAS? New job in a day , maybe two if he's picky

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

If you're checked out on operating heavy equipment:
    Are willing to move, don't have to check in with a parole officer once a week, and can pass a drug test--
    getting a new job in that field shouldn't be a problem.

Yup, get a job elsewhere. Cemeteries having a big problem recently - a friend was a grave digger and the whole bunch got laid off.
    Whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    If you're checked out on operating heavy equipment:
    Are willing to move, don't have to check in with a parole officer once a week, and can pass a drug test--
    getting a new job in that field shouldn't be a problem.

Yup, get a job elsewhere. Cemeteries having a big problem recently - a friend was a grave digger and the whole bunch got laid off.

Our cemetery so busy they can’t afford to lose me or at least I thought my direct boss is mad as hell at the general manager. Really I was overworked working six days a week no time off for the family or even my reload stuff And I just got done buying a bunch of reload stuff form a buddy

Continue to march.
    Your next job will probably be better and pay more.

That 'stay with one company forever and retire rich as the president of it' is a myth.
    I've seen it over and over, to get a substantial raise or improve your condition-
    You have to periodically change companies, and sometimes even industries.

Also, as far as starting your own business or contractor company goes:
    Look around---- check out how many people you see that ever got rich by working for someone else.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Continue to march.
    Your next job will probably be better and pay more.

That 'stay with one company forever and retire rich as the president of it' is a myth.
    I've seen it over and over, to get a substantial raise or improve your condition-
    You have to periodically change companies, and sometimes even industries.
    Truth! The easiest way to get a raise is to change jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Also, as far as starting your own business or contractor company goes:
    Look around---- check out how many people you see that ever got rich by working for someone else.
    Maybe yes...Maybe no. Starting your own business is awesome if you can pull it off, but by no means a guarantee of anything. Many people aren't really cut out for working for themselves, and statistically, the majority of small businesses go under in pretty short order. Also, if he has so little savings that he needs to immediately start selling stuff to make ends meet, he's probably not in any position to be able to afford to start a business.

I made a good living as an engineer, and I'm decently well off. I'm working towards starting a business, but it's going to be many months and many tens of thousands of dollars before even a single cent comes in as a result of my efforts.

Anyway, to the OP, I would suggest doing what you can to get your GED. It'll open a lot of doors. In the mean time, keep your head up and do what you can. There are a lot of jobs out there. Hell, you could flip burgers at McDonalds for $15/hr to fill in until something better comes along. They're not gonna let you carry there, either, though...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    or you could join marines or army. they pay you to carry gun
    Actually, you need a high school diploma to enlist, IIRC. My youngest dropped out and got her GED & started college on the day she would have started her junior year of High School. Wasn't eligible to enlist in any branch of service with the GED. Once she had her college diploma she would have been eligible to enlist again. Working armed security now, and is a supervisor at age 24.

Boolit Bub
    Ask him/her for a letter of recommendation

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Sorry for your loss of a job. But…………..

I have traveled the hoots-n-hollers, the highways and biways of the great states of AZ, NM and NV for over 40 years with no need to carry a gun. Why do you feel you just MUST carry? If you lived in a crime-ridden Democrap city/state, that would be different.

You might need to re-think your needs.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast